CVT Recall??

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

rossirob73 wrote:Hi All
My Kiz is a 2011 model and is still under warrenty but not with Suzuki.

As we using different word meanings in Australia.

I gather you guys are saying to change the gearbox / transmission oil
Every 20 to 25 thousand km

Please confirm as i don't want my gearbox to crap out.

I have a feeling its never been done despite always going to dearer for services.

Tks guys

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yes, the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) is the transmission for an automatic Kizashi. It's not technically a "gearbox" given CVTs don't use any gears and instead use pulleys.

To be clear, the issue here revolves around the CVT/automatic transmission. If you have a manual transmission with a proper gearbox, then this issue does not apply though fluid changes at denoted intervals are recommended.

If you have a CVT, then it is now advised the CVT fluid be changed every 30,000 miles, much like the service interval for traditional Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Given that the automaker did not schedule service intervals for the CVT, it is recommended that the transmission filters also be replaced for models with higher mileage.

Again, the concern here is for only the automatic transmission which uses a CVT.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
rossirob73

Im pretty sure that is my car
Its auto
Very hard to find a manual Kiz in Australia.

Tks for your reply

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
bdleonard

rossirob73 wrote:Im pretty sure that is my car
Its auto
Very hard to find a manual Kiz in Australia.
The current recommendation from Suzuki appears to be doing a drain and fill of the CVT every 50000km. That will require around (though not exactly) 4L of appropriate spec CVT fluid. It is important to make sure that you check the level carefully according to the manufacturers procedure, as overfill can lead to aeration of the fluid and overheating the transmission. If the vehicle currently has significantly more than 50000km on it, you may wish to do 2 or 3 more changes in relatively quick succession to replace most of the old fluid.