Buying advice

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ivor

Hi everyone,
I don't own a Kazashi, however, I have admired them for their fabulous individual looks and ability for a few years now. I am presently considering buying one.
1.Are there common problems that i need to be aware of?
2. What about the CVT gearbox, does it give problems, especially with higher miles?
3. Are there any for sale in Northern Ireland
Thank you for any advice, i look forward to hopefully joining a very exclusive club in the near future.

Best wishes
Ivor
Tom Kizzie

1. bumpstops rearshocks which (with other factors) make the rearshocks go out to early but the shocks dont cost that much money
2. You can read about it on this forum (I drive a manual kizashi)
3. Keep your eyes open and hopefully you will join the kizashi community;)
kizashi 6mt black
Ronzuki

To answer your question...I love my car immensely, however, I wouldn't purchase a used high mileage (80k+ miles) CVT equipped anything. If they had been routinely serviced throughout their entire existence (every 30k miles), then yeah fine. Or, if you can pick it up for near scrap price, then yeah, fine. Problem w/ the CVTs is there was no service interval recommended or called for anywhere for the Kizashi and SX4 until the miles were piling on and the problems were arising (mostly w/ the Kizashi). Then, late in Kizashi history, a TSB was issued and within it recommends some 15-16k mile service interval...go figure, one extreme (not required) to the other (damn near engine oil interval).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

The other guys pretty much hit on the issues with a used automatic Kizashi. The CVT is by far the weakest point. My understanding is that in the UK, only Kizashis with CVTs mated to AWD were sold. Make sure to listen for whining with a CVT model when test driving and see if the CVT fluid was ever replaced. As Ronzuki stated, the lower the mileage, the better off you are.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ivor

Thank you to all who have replied. I guess I should look for a low mileage with full service history for complete piece of mind. There should be one or two for sale on autotrader.co.uk
Thanks for the wonderful advice.
Ivor