New Kizashi Owner!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
meeshmosh

Greeting all...just got a 2010 model about a week ago.

Great car, loving it! I'm in Miami, FL and can say until I bought it, never even knew about the model.

My father in law in Ecuador owns a Suzuki SUV, can't remember the model :(

Thanks for having me!
Tom Kizzie

Welcome!

your father in law probably has a sx4 s-cross or a vitara.
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

Welcome!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Welcome. What's the color and trim level?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
johnhenrydale

Hey Meeshmosh, I’m in Miami too. I’ve only seen a handful of Kizashis here, but happy to know there’s one more rolling around in Magic City!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
newbie1

I just bought a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi se. admittedly I only bought it because it was a killer deal, only 80k miles, and I wanted to resell it. Now that I have been doing some research on it seems it was a great buy and I am excited to start driving it. I want to explore ways that I can make it faster since I got a automatic instead of a manual. I must confess Im not extremely knowledgeable on cars any suggestions on where to start?
Woodie

Welcome newbie1!

There's not a lot of options for a Kizashi. There weren't many sold and it's not a brand well known for hot rodding. Also, the CVT transmission is a known weak point. The engine was detuned 5 HP with the automatic for reliability, probably should have been 10 HP because they're breaking. Best thing you could do would be weight reduction, that would make it faster and reduce the load on the transmission. Not sure what wheels came on a 2010 SE, but the bigger wheels were heavy as hell. Getting lighter wheels and tires will dramatically improve acceleration, but may reduce the cornering potential.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

I'm on my third.
The only legitimate and relatively inexpensive method for 'improving performance', IMNSHO&E, is a set of lightweight 17X7.5" wheels with correspondingly 'lightweight' tires (under 24lb ea).
I save between 11--14lbs per corner vs 'stock', based on the specific set of tires I'm running at the time.

Motor mods may affect CVT durability.

Any other methods for reducing the vehicle's overall weight are also encouraged: "If you can't increase the horsepower then decrease the weight".
newbie1

thanks for the advice guys ill give it a try. I really wish it was stick shift but not a total dealbreaker
Tom Kizzie

intake+exhaust+chip wil easily cost you 2000 en will bring you to about 200hp. Every work on your engine itself will cost you lots of money if you have to spend it out. RRM sells some parts for kizashi but most are discontinued.
De turbokit should cost 4300. If we could even make a nice groupbuy for the turbokit......maybe I am in ;)
kizashi 6mt black