2013 CVT bad not long after Sukuki services module need help

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

I'd get the TCM as well from the donor car to have...just in case. Drop the pan and inspect the pan magnets and filter for metal debris. If there's any in there, don't waste time and money installing it. If the metal screen in the pan filter is clean, replace the cooling return line filter cartridge while the trans is out on the bench, much easier. Fill it back up and install it. Have enough fluid on hand to do another 2 drain/fills per the TSB on the subject and you should be good to go (assuming the trans was OK to begin with).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

A note on the smell. When new and right the fluid will smell like cat pee. If you are going to do this replacement, I would pull the pan off to inspect debris. I would feel alot better about a lower mile transmission on one of these as I seen failures as early as 82k . What kind of warranty will you be getting with it ? Wish you were closer. Again $1900 53k trans installed 1yr warranty on both parts and labor . If I could make towing a flat $500 would you be interested?
beatfarmer

old tech wrote:A note on the smell. When new and right the fluid will smell like cat pee. If you are going to do this replacement, I would pull the pan off to inspect debris. I would feel alot better about a lower mile transmission on one of these as I seen failures as early as 82k . What kind of warranty will you be getting with it ? Wish you were closer. Again $1900 53k trans installed 1yr warranty on both parts and labor . If I could make towing a flat $500 would you be interested?
old tech..

That sounds like a great deal to me. I could just get a dolly and drive it myself. Give me a call I am totally interested and ready to do this asap. five four 0 - six 8 two - four 0ne fiVe 5

Chris