So, I'm not sure where to put this.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KHCreason

This time next month, I'll be the proud new owner of one of two vehicles, both sporty, both otherwise different.

One, a sport coupe, is the 2011 Scion tC. Outfitted the way I want, it can be had for roughly $21,700. I really like it's styling, and the way it drives and feels inside. The manual-shift automatic is atrocious though, and I have yet to drive the standard, though once the short-throw kit from TRD arrives then I am sure to enjoy it, at the very least.

The second, a sedan, is the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi in the Sport GTS trim. I drove a 2010 model here in Tulsa, and was only able to drive in a base model with a CVT, and found it lacking compared to even the automatic in the tC. Unable to drive a manual, I resigned myself to withholding judgment until I was able to find a manual 2011 in full sport glory. What I really like about the Kizashi, though, is that the steering is so... well, hard? positive? I don't even know the word, but I LOVE the feedback from the wheel. I absolutely love the quality of the keyfob; little things like that make or break things for me.

I sell Fords in Tulsa, and you know our 45000 dollar Taurus SHO? Well, its key fob on its keyless ignition feels dirt cheap compared to the Kizashi, a 19-27k vehicle!

What I'm getting at, though, is that I'm torn between them. I really like both of their styling, I really like how they drive but the tC has way too much road noise. I... just like them both! I would lvoe some advice, on what owners feel about 2011 Kizashi's and how much you like/dislike things.

Also, is there much of an after-market scene for these? I don't do wild mods or anything but I love performance mods.

Also, I will be going to Wichita, KS on the 4th to drive both of them.

:twisted:
sloopercat

By the GTS with the manual, you can get it for same price as what you are going to pay for your TC. About 4X more car. I have had and driven cars much more expensive than the Kizashi, but not better equipped, quieter or handled as well. As long as winning drag races is not a top priority, I don't think you get near this car for less than $30K.

Aftermarket is limited, it is not a high volume car that attracts a lot of vendors. There is somebody that makes a turbo kit. Aftermarket support for the TC is about 1000X.
KHCreason

Hmm... well, I suppose that a bit of a slow aftermarket is OK, especially if I really could walk away with a GLS sport for what I'd pay at the Scion pure-price dealer. And I fully appreciate the ride and whatnot, its simply superb. I can't wait to drive one this week!

And hopefully, it won't come down to money. If so I may need to go with the Scion simply because I am their target demographic, and their fiance is geared towards me. I haven't foudn much info on the Suzuki financial preferences, does anyone know if its Ability-Stability-History or a different combination?
ragmopp

I recently bought a 2011 GTS with a manual and couldn't be happier. If you decide to get the Kizashi, GETTING the manual might be a problem. At least if you are on the west coast (the dealer in Kansas does seem to get some manuals though). What I did after the dealer I was working with couldn't locate a car for me was ask the dealer for the phone number of the district rep for Suzuki. After calling him he tracked down a car for me and ensured it got to my dealer. Three weeks ago when this all happened the rep stated there were (I think) 5 or 6 manuals that were either on the dock or on the way to the west coast distribution center. A couple of red and black and silver all GTS's. That was it. So if the Kizashi is for you and you must get a manual and you dealer cannot find one you might consider getting in contact with the district rep. If nothing else it will show the dealer you are serious.
Moto
Site Admin

KHCreason wrote: Also, I will be going to Wichita, KS on the 4th to drive both of them.
Wichita has the largest Suzuki dealer in the country you shouldn't have a problem getting a Kizashi of any trim or spec there.
KHCreason

Yeah, thats why I caleld up SPencer Zimmer, a manager there. We've been emailing abck and forth, so he knows ym credit and history and whatnot so we'll be able to determine what is the best thing I could do when we get there on Thursday. I must say, I'm stoked!

For those of you w/ the AWD, is it noticable? I've never driven an AWD vehicle but I here that its only different, besides constantly lower gas mileage, when theres snow and heavy rain. Truth to this?
ihbryant

KHCreason wrote: For those of you w/ the AWD, is it noticable? I've never driven an AWD vehicle but I here that its only different, besides constantly lower gas mileage, when theres snow and heavy rain. Truth to this?
You can accelerate through a turn with much more confidence in an AWD car. It really depends on how aggressive a driver are for whether this is important or not.
kayjay

At 1,000 miles, I placed the Kizashi SLS into AWD. I coluld not detect any difference in performance or fuel economy. I really didn't expect any performance changes, and I was pleasantly surprised that the gas mileage stayed the same. I am (almost) looking forward to some inclement weather to see how the AWD handles wet, snowy or icy roads.
KHCreason

Even if the AWD handles a bit better, I'll have to take the entire car, such as manual transmission with the handling it has versus the not so fun to drive CVT, with the AWD handling.

I look forward to seeing all the colors they come in! Tomorrow is gonna rock.
KHCreason

Okay, Imma gonna double post.

The GTS Sport with the 6MT is AWESOME. It's seating position with your hand on the shifter isn't exactly what I had hoped, but won't be hard to adjust to. The quality of the interior eclipsed the 2010 S or SE that I had driven. It had plenty of get-up-and-go, though it seems to like the higher RPM than lower, again something to get used to, but not bad.

The fabric was phenomenal, much better than anything cloth-wise I've had, except the Taurus. And when I make this vehicle my own, it will not get fully recovered with red leather. I think, instead, only the bolsters and head rests, and some of the door trim. I like the cloth that much!

Suzuki of Wichita and I are talking now, about how to get the awesome thing financed. All I know right now is that being straight commission looks bad to a bank, and my previous loan is WAY less than half of what I want to get. Therefore, payments are stupid high if they can be anything at all, and they'd rather me have a cosigner, which I'd rather not have. I foresee a stupid high down payment, since I most likely cannot/will not get a co-signer, but you know what?

I'm totally willing to save up for a month or two and get that stupid down payment. But who knows, maybe my dad will say here's my credit, or I'll sell a ton of cars this month and make a killing. Better yet, they'll tell me they can get me done with zero down!