Flat!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Puppy80

URGHHHHHHHHHHH. I guess the TPMS really was telling me I had a low tire. I was driving along and suddenly the wheel was pulling to the right and a thud thud thud noise. Flat front passenger tire. So I debated on calling Road Side assistance or just getting dirty. The latter won out. I put on the emergency break, clicked on the flashers and popped the trunk. Started with the lug wrench to loosen the bolts, then started pulling out the jack and the spare. About this time a forest patrolman stopped when he saw me to help out. With his help we figured out how the jack worked and got the car jacked up, the flat off, and the spare one. Turns out my culprit was a nail that got in the tread. GRRR. So off to the repair shop I will head tomorrow and get it repaired. They said it should only be about 25 bucks to repair the flat because of the TPMS sensor. I do have a question though.

When I was looking at the manual, it made mention of tire blocks. I looked around the trunk, but done see anything in there resembling blocks. Anyone else have them or not ?
NJKizashi

Not sure what you mean by Tire Blocks...but I alreeady had 2 flats..both repaired with internal patches...Both good as new...TPMS told me right away when they went Flat. 8-)
Puppy80

NJKizashi wrote:Not sure what you mean by Tire Blocks...but I alreeady had 2 flats..both repaired with internal patches...Both good as new...TPMS told me right away when they went Flat. 8-)
Yeah, the TPMS had been telling me for about a day the tire was low....thud thud...flat. I had to have the tire replaced. They said the tire was damaged from driving on the flat.