My SLS with NAV option doesn't come with USB port connection

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
nik02150

Hi -

I was totally disappointed to find out that there's no USB port connection in my SLS. I called my dealership to ask them. They said USB port connection is available on all model, except the SLS with navigation option. :evil:

Anyone out there bought SLS with Kenwood navigation systems? Does your has USB connection?
mapeterson2

Ah, this is the reason I see complaining a lot, good to know. So, the SLS w/NAV is not on my list anymore...
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
lookin

my sls came without navi i put in my own navi the better kenwood 9960 and the usb port works fine so theres an option for who dont mind buying there own navi which could be a good thing cause you could buy a better navi than what suzuki is offering.....also still have steering wheel controls...
rjc1976

lookin wrote:my sls came without navi i put in my own navi the better kenwood 9960 and the usb port works fine so theres an option for who dont mind buying there own navi which could be a good thing cause you could buy a better navi than what suzuki is offering.....also still have steering wheel controls...
Lookin,

I'm looking to do the same thing. I have two questions for you:

1. Did you have to use a separate GPS antenna, or do the non-navi cars have an antenna built in somewhere that can be used?

2. Do the factory bluetooth controls work with the 9960? I also assume that you use the factory microphone?

Any useful info you have on your install would be appreciated.
lookin

rjc1976 wrote:
lookin wrote:my sls came without navi i put in my own navi the better kenwood 9960 and the usb port works fine so theres an option for who dont mind buying there own navi which could be a good thing cause you could buy a better navi than what suzuki is offering.....also still have steering wheel controls...
Lookin,

I'm looking to do the same thing. I have two questions for you:

1. Did you have to use a separate GPS antenna, or do the non-navi cars have an antenna built in somewhere that can be used?

2. Do the factory bluetooth controls work with the 9960? I also assume that you use the factory microphone?

Any useful info you have on your install would be appreciated.
the 9960 came with the antenna yes the bluetooth controls work fine even better and i used a better mic that i already had ...if you install the 9960 yo wont be disappointed with the features of the unit but the pioneer 120bt is better in my opinion i have both
teamDATA

Did you read the owner's manual? On my SLS, it shows the USB being located on the gear shift console I believe. Upper left hand corner.
mapeterson2

teamDATA wrote:Did you read the owner's manual? On my SLS, it shows the USB being located on the gear shift console I believe. Upper left hand corner.
Do you have NAV?
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
SuzKiz

With the Kenwood Nav the iPod cable in the glove box is installed so you can unplug the iPod cable and plug in your USB. Mine is easy to get to and it works great. :D