The Kizashi got love on Oppositelock

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Oppositelock is a subforum of Jalopnik.com where readers can contribute their stories for publishing. A new Kizashi owner posted his story about his recently-acquired 6 speed manual Sport SLS. He's very excited and from reading the article, sounds like he's been on here quite a few times.

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-kiza ... 1837621462
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Nice write-up, guy nailed it, really. It's like reading, mostly hearing, Samurai stories back in the day...rinse and repeat. First they (the mostly heep owners) laugh at it, then they're in disbelief when they tried to follow in my tracks (stock or modified). After that, when they're done (begrudgingly) complimenting its ruggedness and capability, they cry when I tell them what I have in it ($$) compared to their far less capable, less durable, and over priced wanna-bees. 30+ years later and many a Sanurai that hasn't rusted to pieces can still be found pounding away off-road on mostly stock drive-train components. Extremely well designed and engineered for the tasks it was meant for, and then some.

I was just thinking this morning whilst tooling into work (alledgedly, purring along smoothly at 90+), this car has almost 90k on it and I have no second thoughts about anything that may, or might, be going south w/ the vehicle for reliable use as a DD'er. I usually start contemplating a replacement vehicle around this age/mileage. Not so w/ this car, not even a blip on my radar. The CX5 is the Kizashi preservation device.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)