Do manual Kizashi's have hill hold?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
vying1

The feature where on an incline the car automatically holds the brakes for a few seconds. Is this included on US-spec manual transmission Kizashi's? Does it depend on trim or year?

Also, if you have a manual Kizashi you're interested in selling, please message me.
johnhenrydale

My 2011 GTS manual most definitely does not have that feature
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
SAEED_KIZZY

technically Hill hold assist can be supported by any manual cars but in Kizashi this functionality is handled by TCM module which only available in CVT transmission (Automatic) so the manual transmission does not have that option.
rossirob73

I have not tried this in the past 5 years.
I might test it out today.
Cvt owner

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
vying1

Thanks all. If some cars had it I would have wanted one with it, but if none do, then I'll do without. Nice feature but not necessary.
SRN

Sure does! Let the clutch pedal up a little, push the gas pedal down a little and when you get to that right spot, you'll be able to hold yourself on hill with out a brake! ;)
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
rossirob73

Used to do that in my forester
Clutch all the way in

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
KlutzNinja

The owner’s manual explicitly states not to feather the throttle to hold the Kizashi in place on a hill, but maybe that’s just for the CVT models like mine. I’m not sure if the owner’s manual for stick shift models differ in that regard. Or if there even is a different manual between the two transmission types. I read this a little while ago but maybe the warning was only against the CVT models. Not sure.

Edit: I don’t know why I ever thought the different transmission models got separate owner’s manuals lol. No car brand does that and especially not one like Suzuki :lol:
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KuroNekko

No hill hold on manual Kizashis. If you're on a steep hill and your clutch skills are iffy, the handbrake is your friend.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)