Steering Issue

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
echo_mike

Thanks for the reply old tech, I might hate to take you up on your offer. I'll look into part numbers in the next few days and will let you know.

Background story: this actual 2010 Kizashi is my fathers, I bought my own brand new one in 2012 because they drove amazing, unfortunately I had to sell mine in 2016 whereas my father kept his 2010 which I started to use now as he uses another car. I remember that my 2012 drove amazing, the steering was much lighter than my (then BMW) and I really enjoyed the car. Fast forward to now, the 2010 Kizashi doesn't feel like mine did or that it did before when I occasionally drove it, thus why it's annoying me so much.

I'm also thinking it could be the steering rack that might be the cause due to the fact that it feels a bit notchy and it doesn't really smoothly return to center after the full turn, it would move than stop than move (kind of notchy). However when moving quarter turn to either side it forcefully moves back to center. It also feels heavy as if the power steering is operating at half capacity...

Any input?

Cheers
2010 Suzuki Kizashi XL
2015 Audi S3 Sedan
echo_mike

Bump..

Does anyone know where the Steering Control Module is located in the Kizashi (preferably right-hand drive)? Also any photos or instructions about where it is and how to get to it?

I'm considering checking the connections first to ensure all is good before considering replacement..
2010 Suzuki Kizashi XL
2015 Audi S3 Sedan
old tech

Even though Ive never seen a right hand drive Kizashi, I would think it has to be under passenger feet.
echo_mike

Thanks old tech, I'll have a good look when I get the chance. Is it on the floor on the passenger side or at the side of the dashboard? Cheers
2010 Suzuki Kizashi XL
2015 Audi S3 Sedan
cdnphotog

Hey echo_mike,
I too took over a Kizashi from my father,. It's a 2011 and in his opinion there were always issues with the steering but I find it tough to imagine it was always like that - maybe it just became an issue slowly.

For me the steering is the only real issue with car and it seem to only effect the "enjoyability" of the driving. I to feel the "notchy" feeling coming off centre. I originally mistook it for alignment which was checked and OK. I just put on the snows and it's still the same.

I'm hoping since there weren't anymore posts you resolved the issue..... fingers crossed!

Left Hand Drive - Canada ;)
2011 Kizashi SX