Delayed Throttle Response in 2013 Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TB16

Woodie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:09 pm Fascinating to read that invoice. Especially where they charged you $68 for the wrong oil.
Yes, they screwed up a lot of things apart from this. Since now my running is extremely low (thanks to covid), I'm not too worried about it.
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:25 am They were clueless and kept saying it is normal for these cars. This is probably the last time I'm taking my car to the dealer for service. Will be starting my search for a good reliable garage near me.

The throttle response now is a little better but there is still some play. I think I'll have to live with it.
Is there by any chance a 'rough idle' on your car? Like when the engine is warmed up, it 'jerks' a bit and isn't very smooth.
I think we need to clean the throttle body and MAF sensor, from what I gathered from this forum.
TB16

Endeavour1200 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 pm
TB16 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:25 am They were clueless and kept saying it is normal for these cars. This is probably the last time I'm taking my car to the dealer for service. Will be starting my search for a good reliable garage near me.

The throttle response now is a little better but there is still some play. I think I'll have to live with it.
Is there by any chance a 'rough idle' on your car? Like when the engine is warmed up, it 'jerks' a bit and isn't very smooth.
I think we need to clean the throttle body and MAF sensor, from what I gathered from this forum.
No rough idle at all. Everything is very smooth. As a matter of fact my car is running on CNG and yet its quite smooth. I got the throttle body cleaned and calibrated so there is a little improvement.
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:43 am
Endeavour1200 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 pm

No rough idle at all. Everything is very smooth. As a matter of fact my car is running on CNG and yet its quite smooth. I got the throttle body cleaned and calibrated so there is a little improvement.
Oh so yours is a CNG, what mileage figures are you getting on CNG? Mine with petrol only gets around 10.5kmpl city.
KuroNekko

How is a Kizashi running CNG? You converted it to CNG with a custom CNG tank?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Endeavour1200

KuroNekko wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:12 am How is a Kizashi running CNG? You converted it to CNG with a custom CNG tank?
It's quite common here in india. A CNG tank is fitted into the boot, and the vehicle can then run on petrol & CNG alternatively.
TB16

Average is around 18-20 km/kg. CNG cost in delhi is around INR 44/kg. So it is substantially cheaper to run.
KuroNekko

Makes sense. Does the engine need to be modified at all? What kind of range (total distance per tank) does the Kizashi get running CNG?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
TB16

KuroNekko wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:13 pm Makes sense. Does the engine need to be modified at all? What kind of range (total distance per tank) does the Kizashi get running CNG?
Yes, engine needs to modified to run on CNG. Gas injectors are added plus a few more things. I'm a novice so can't tell you the exact engine modifications.

Range is not that great. Since the tank can only accommodate max 10 Kg of gas, the car cannot run more than 150-200 KM (depending on your driving style) on 1 full refill. The petrol range is about 600-700 KM.