Delayed Throttle Response in 2013 Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KlutzNinja

LeoFromDE wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:I also changed my spark plugs recently and cleaned my MAF, TB, and PCV valve. My Kizashi with 104,000 miles with the manual transmission runs very well.
Do you know where to find the torques for those things by any chance?
I'm guessing the one for spark plugs is in the manual but I wouldn't know where to look for the others
Spark plug torque is 25 Nm (2.5 kg-m, 18 lb-ft)
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
LeoFromDE

KlutzNinja wrote: Spark plug torque is 25 Nm (2.5 kg-m, 18 lb-ft)
Thanks I hope someone knows the other ones because I didn't find them yet :?
LeoFromDE

Sorry nevermind I found a proper repair manual on here :)
So throttle body is 12nm
PCV is 2,5nm
MAF is 0,9nm

Although I think I'll keep some of those on during cleaning now that I saw the positions
TB16

Endeavour1200 wrote:
TB16 wrote:Hi, so I've the same exact problem in my 2012 kizashi MT. The is a delay in the throttle response. I'll be going for a service next month and will talk to my service advisor here in New Delhi. Let's see. Could be as simple as a dirty throttle body? What do you think?
Hey @TB16 , so i was wondering if your kizashi has any error codes? Perhaps a bad O2 sensor (that my car has)? This may help us diagnose the delayed response, as it may be related to the O2 sensor. Thanks.
By error codes do you mean CEL on the instrument display? I'll be taking the car for service next week. Will update post that.
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote:
Endeavour1200 wrote:
TB16 wrote:Hi, so I've the same exact problem in my 2012 kizashi MT. The is a delay in the throttle response. I'll be going for a service next month and will talk to my service advisor here in New Delhi. Let's see. Could be as simple as a dirty throttle body? What do you think?
Hey @TB16 , so i was wondering if your kizashi has any error codes? Perhaps a bad O2 sensor (that my car has)? This may help us diagnose the delayed response, as it may be related to the O2 sensor. Thanks.
By error codes do you mean CEL on the instrument display? I'll be taking the car for service next week. Will update post that.
Yes, a check engine light, a blinking warning triangle and a 'service engine' message on the Mid display. Okay do update after the service. Thanks.
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:20 pm By error codes do you mean CEL on the instrument display? I'll be taking the car for service next week. Will update post that.
@TB16 any updates? did you check with your service supervisor?
TB16

Endeavour1200 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 am
TB16 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:20 pm By error codes do you mean CEL on the instrument display? I'll be taking the car for service next week. Will update post that.
@TB16 any updates? did you check with your service supervisor?
So I got my kizashi serviced from an authorized dealer here in New Delhi. I've attached the service bill (relevant to Indians only i think). Will be posting a detailed description about it soon. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Image
Attachments
IMG_20210304_201124~2.jpg
Woodie

Fascinating to read that invoice. Especially where they charged you $68 for the wrong oil.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:31 pm So I got my kizashi serviced from an authorized dealer here in New Delhi. I've attached the service bill (relevant to Indians only i think). Will be posting a detailed description about it soon. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Image
Thank you for uploading the image! helps to sort some doubts out. Is the throttle response better now? what did the service center term as the culprit? a throttle body gasket I think?
TB16

Endeavour1200 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:15 pm
TB16 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:31 pm So I got my kizashi serviced from an authorized dealer here in New Delhi. I've attached the service bill (relevant to Indians only i think). Will be posting a detailed description about it soon. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Image
Thank you for uploading the image! helps to sort some doubts out. Is the throttle response better now? what did the service center term as the culprit? a throttle body gasket I think?
They were clueless and kept saying it is normal for these cars. This is probably the last time I'm taking my car to the dealer for service. Will be starting my search for a good reliable garage near me.

The throttle response now is a little better but there is still some play. I think I'll have to live with it.