114 Days: Pt IV Gettin' ludicrous

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Near 10K already.
The Crosstrek is very nice, and a joy-giver on dirt roads. It is competent on pavement.
Its modern features are worthwhile.
Love its headlights.

The Kizashi is a nicer car.
But I've averaged over 31MPG in the Subie so far.......
gmkizashi

My login still works!! It has been a while but every so often I lurk (mainly to check on what may be the longest running forum thread in the universe :0)) and I just had to log on to say hey to weshoot and all the others. I see some familiar names here still. I hope everyone is well!! Keep motoring weshoot (and everyone else too!) Happy to see that the posts and the enthusiasm (and all those miles) are still going

PS- as noted (7 years ago) I had traded in the Kizashi but the avatar lives on!
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
KuroNekko

gmkizashi wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:33 am My login still works!! It has been a while but every so often I lurk (mainly to check on what may be the longest running forum thread in the universe :0)) and I just had to log on to say hey to weshoot and all the others. I see some familiar names here still. I hope everyone is well!! Keep motoring weshoot (and everyone else too!) Happy to see that the posts and the enthusiasm (and all those miles) are still going

PS- as noted (7 years ago) I had traded in the Kizashi but the avatar lives on!
Welcome back! I remember you. What did you get to replace the Kizashi again?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
gmkizashi

Thank you. I remember you too Kuro!! I will try to keep it relatively short. In 2015 I went from the kiz to a used 2015 GTI (non perf pkg) Autobahn DSG- I LOVED THIS CAR. As much as I liked the Suzuki, the GTI was much more spirited and fun due to the transmission and way it was set up. I am “oldish” /not really a racer , but the car was more enjoyable for me. That car was totaled (no injuries and not because of crazy driving) in January 2019. In February 2019 I bought a leftover 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. I really wanted to like this car (it was very nice) but it shifted too early unless you went auto-manual and overall was kind of hard to have fun in. I stopped driving when covid hit, got out of it and sold it to dealer in August 2020 right at the onset of used car prices going up, but I still owed a bit to get out of it. I went without my own car (we have a jeep wrangler which was available) until mid 2021 and then I leased a 2021 Giulia TI Sport -rear wheel drive. I had moved from Mass to FL in 2018 (and I grew up with RWD) so no issues. I was obsessed with the Giuilia since they came out and I somewhat impulsively got it and managed to upset the misses due to “the lack of discussion” (we are still married). I only put 9000 mile on it since I bought it and I absolutely love this thing. Only thing that I should have known but I embarrassingly missed during all of my research (and did not notice until after I bought it) was that you can not disable the traction control. It will do only a very minor slip in “dynamic” mode before it kicks in. Being an old gearhead (who once in a while wants to do donuts or light up the tires, that is a bummer. I can address that with software but I have not. Lets see if I can post some pics of the “history”. Keeping in line with this thread the total miles of all these vehicles over 5 years is less (probably much less) than weshoot’s miles per year.
Attachments
Z1.JPG
Z2.jpg
Z3.jpg
Z4.jpg
Z4.jpg (168.57 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
WESHOOT2

Today, 10/19/22 I sold my last Kizashi.
I'm sad......
Attachments
Kizashi.jpg
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:06 pm Today, 10/19/22 I sold my last Kizashi.
I'm sad......
Maybe I missed the details, but I didn't realize you kept it after getting the Crosstrek. You've now officially moved on.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)