2010 Kizachi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

old tech wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:39 pm I only saw one Kizashi with sport trim break a front coil spring but I’ve seen probably 8 broken springs on the normal suspension S and Se with the majority being 2010 model yr. What’s strange is the junkyard listings make no difference between the two and it will work safely but there is a slight difference in the two springs . So far I’ve been able able to match them respectively. On the cheat of trimming the splintered end of the coil and rotating the spring is obviously not the best or the easiest way to fix and only should be done if both sides can be trimmed the same amount and no more than 5 in. The one pictured in the opening thread is a repeat offender . The segment is splintered on both ends. This one needs replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. Is it your opinion that corrosion is the main cause of the break?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

While I think rust plays a small part in this, I think original spring quality plays a much bigger part. It would not surprise me to find a made in Mexico here. Toyota,Volkswagen, and Mercedes have had spring failure troubles with the ones made there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk