2010 Kizachi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ooohski

This piece fell from under my car yesterday. Does anyone have any idea what it is? (I hope I do this right).
Attachments
Resized_20210212_162409 Suzuki 2.jpeg
SAEED_KIZZY

a piece of front or rear spring maybe
Abdullah

What is the size of it? Seem like a piece of the spring... I might be wrong

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

ooohski

Okay. Thank you, guys! I guess I'd better get it looked at first thing Monday morning! (Oh, yeah, it's about 6-1/2 inches long).
WESHOOT2

I found that exact piece under my broken Kizashi. Does NOT look like a spring........weird.
old tech

It’s the front coil spring . Either left or right. Cheapest way to fix correctly is a used strut assembly from a salvage yard . No aftermarket stock springs were produced that I know of , only lowering springs. This seems to be the only place they break on this model though . It ends up lowering the front suspension about 1/2 an inch when both sides break. If you didn’t mind it being lowered, the spring could be trimmed and turned to hide the fact that the spring was altered. Some car models were prone to puncture a tire when the spring broke but the Kizashi has a large enough base that I haven’t ever seen this happen . They just loose about 3/8 of the lower coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ooohski

Thank you! This helps me out a lot.
WESHOOT2

ditto (but still weird)
KuroNekko

old tech wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 pm It’s the front coil spring . Either left or right. Cheapest way to fix correctly is a used strut assembly from a salvage yard . No aftermarket stock springs were produced that I know of , only lowering springs. This seems to be the only place they break on this model though . It ends up lowering the front suspension about 1/2 an inch when both sides break. If you didn’t mind it being lowered, the spring could be trimmed and turned to hide the fact that the spring was altered. Some car models were prone to puncture a tire when the spring broke but the Kizashi has a large enough base that I haven’t ever seen this happen . They just loose about 3/8 of the lower coil.

Do you see this happening more in Kizashis or Kizashi Sports with the lower springs?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

I only saw one Kizashi with sport trim break a front coil spring but I’ve seen probably 8 broken springs on the normal suspension S and Se with the majority being 2010 model yr. What’s strange is the junkyard listings make no difference between the two and it will work safely but there is a slight difference in the two springs . So far I’ve been able able to match them respectively. On the cheat of trimming the splintered end of the coil and rotating the spring is obviously not the best or the easiest way to fix and only should be done if both sides can be trimmed the same amount and no more than 5 in. The one pictured in the opening thread is a repeat offender . The segment is splintered on both ends. This one needs replaced.