Kizashi Replacement

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

Well, as many of you know my Kizashi got totaled by a red-light runner. A new car was the furthest thing from my mind. But I had to do it and buying another just didn't make sense. Especially since the only SLS models were hundreds of miles away. I kicked around the idea of flying to check one out in Florida and driving it back but it really would not have been a good decision. So I finally did replace it. After years of having vehicles that I could go months before seeing another on the road, (Kizashi, SX4, XG350, MR2) I got one of the most ubiquitous ones out there. While it's not a Kizashi, I think I'll enjoy it.
IMG_6488.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_6500.jpeg
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

Oh the vanilla!

But seriously, a solid car.
Durable, reliable, sufficiently powerful, acceptable driving dynamics.
But still vanilla........ :facepalm:

A solid choice.
LPSISRL

You are exactly right. I just couldn't take the risk on another Kizashi. It was sad as I'd just done a few maintenance items and was happy to have worked on the CVT, valve cover gasket, headlight fogging, etc. And now it's gone. The replacement vehicle has all the same options (and then some) with the exception of wipers that come on when it starts raining. I'm going to miss that feature.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
KlutzNinja

For a “vanilla” car, at least you got the best looking version (IMO) lol. The LED turn signals look a lot nicer than the base halogen incandescent bulbs in the SE trim.
How is the drive compared to the Kizashi? Transmission performance?
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KuroNekko

The Camry is a solid choice as you know. It's one of the few sedans that has a track record you don't need to worry about. Also, unlike Honda, Toyota has wisely steered away from turbos and CVTs in their bread-and-butter models which means these will realistically outlast their Honda competition years down the road. It's such a bummer that you lost your Kizashi as you were one who really took care of their car. I hope the new Camry brings satisfaction and enjoyment. Cheers to you.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Thanks, Kuro. I've thoroughly enjoyed the car and the veterans of the forum. It's been very helpful and fun to be a part of. I hope I was able to make positive contributions to this community. I don't discount the possibilty that I may own another if the right one comes along. Unfortunately the right one was not available when I needed it!
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
Ronzuki

I'm still bummed that your beautiful Kizashi was wrecked. It was a shining example of a well cared for, irreplaceable specimen.
Always been a Toyota fan, solid and reliable brand for the most part. I'd never personally had a bad one. Just as I'd never had a bad Japanese built Suzuki, my go to choice since landing here in 1986. Attributed to the exceptional value for such solidly engineered and built vehicles. Toyotas are solid and well engineered as well...but generally always more money.

Enjoy the new purchase and don't be a stranger.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Firefly

I do like the Camry's styling, particularly at the rear. Enjoy the more refined and roominess. Some day there will be another Kizashi type car - who knows.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum