PSA on new forum format

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

Not sure if this is old news, but a couple of weeks ago (or so) my forum layout changed. I really hated it. Ads everywhere and it was just generally horrible. Today, all that changed! I clicked on my ID in the upper right, went to User Control Panel and found under the Board Preferences tab an option for Board Layout. I changed it from Milk v1 to prosilver. What an improvement!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

Good find. I personally prefer the new Milk version due to the Dark mode but I agree that the ads are aggressive. However, the ads are what keeps the forum going for a car long faded into oblivion for most.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

I do agree they are more aggressive. It isn't something I have complete control over any more. Google's AI is calling the shots. I gave installed one little snippet of code and it decides how to place the ads on the page.

I'll see if I can dial it back some, but I'm not sure how much I want to play with it. It does seem to be doing better than I ever did at placing ads. By all means feel free to use the other theme available. I left it open for that reason. Also feel free to run an ad blocker. It doesn't hurt my feelings.

It's too bad viglink is under new ownership. I used to make almost enough money to pay for the server off that. Last month viglink made like two cents with 25k page loads (not all on this site).
Endeavour1200

If you guys use android, there is an app called AdGuard, which blocks all of the ads on chrome or any other browser you use. It isn't available on the playstore though, so you need to install an apk.
Moto
Site Admin

Brave browser on mobile will also kill ads.
SamirD

Depending on the site traffic (and if any of these exist anymore), is there enough site traffic to be a part of one of the ad networks like the old doubleclick (which was bought out by google probably a decade back)? I don't know if these networks even exist anymore or who's take over what anymore, but back in those days if you have enough traffic you could be part of one of the networks that had real-time bidding for traffic and improve the ctr and payouts.
Moto
Site Admin

We don't have that kind of traffic :)

Technically google will also let people target specific sites, but there are some hoops to jump through.
SamirD

I hope we're the number one target for the Kizashi because I believe we have more content on the car than any other forum except maybe the German one.

But I see what you're saying too. It's like having a forum for Hudsons or any of the other orphans that have around the same number of cars around as the Kizashi.