USB player skips songs

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Endeavour1200

Reposting from technical support:

I have the non-rf head-unit in my Kizashi (7 speakers stock, Panasonic?) without Bluetooth so I have to use a pendrive (Sandisk CruzerBlade). But I have noticed that a lot of songs are skipped by the HU. It just refuses to play those songs and skips to the next one. I read the manual and the format is inline with what is compatible with the HU.

Even though the manual states these as compatible, I still downgraded all my songs from 320kbps to 128kbps (some even to 112kbps) & then also reduced the sampling frequency from 44khz to 22.5khz (significantly reducing the quality). Even after doing this twice and reducing each song by more than 50% in size, the HU still skips them. I've even tried to compare the songs which work and which don't, and they are the exact same (bitrate, frequency, and more attributes). I've tried to diagnose it myself (changing pendrives, folders etc.) but I can't so I've come here asking for help. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5415
SAEED_KIZZY

did you try to clean USB connector with a contact cleaner or alcohol?
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 pm did you try to clean USB connector with a contact cleaner or alcohol?
No, I don't think cleaning it would make any difference, and regardless it's very difficult to clean it. How should I?
SAEED_KIZZY

as far as I know, when data is corrupted or misread by HU can cause this type of situation. it is not difficult just remove the cooldisk and spray cleaner in car USB connector and let it dry(when the car is OFF of course )
sometimes scan disk in PC can solve data corruption on cooldisk.
other than that there is not much to do I think
LPSISRL

Just a shot in the dark here... DRM issues?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Where's the popcorn chomping emoji?

I know...not helpful. Couldn't resist though, sorry.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 pm as far as I know, when data is corrupted or misread by HU can cause this type of situation. it is not difficult just remove the cooldisk and spray cleaner in car USB connector and let it dry(when the car is OFF of course )
I'm sorry but what is a cooldisk? Do you mean the cover for the usb socket?
Also I can play all the songs on my pc from the usb, so it's the car that's not reading them properly. The songs can be played on my laptop & phone without any issues, so I don't think the songs are corrupted or anything.
Endeavour1200

LPSISRL wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:50 pm Just a shot in the dark here... DRM issues?
If by DRM you mean rights and copyright stuff then I think it's highly unlikely since the HU does not have internet to check for permissions and nor does it have storage to save the data.
Endeavour1200

Ronzuki wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:01 am Where's the popcorn chomping emoji?

I know...not helpful. Couldn't resist though, sorry.
:facepalm: :lol:
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 am
SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 pm as far as I know, when data is corrupted or misread by HU can cause this type of situation. it is not difficult just remove the cooldisk and spray cleaner in car USB connector and let it dry(when the car is OFF of course )
I'm sorry but what is a cooldisk? Do you mean the cover for the usb socket?
Also I can play all the songs on my pc from the usb, so it's the car that's not reading them properly. The songs can be played on my laptop & phone without any issues, so I don't think the songs are corrupted or anything.
cool disk = USB Flash memory