Car getting stuck in gear

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Spreekid

Hi all,
This isn’t an urgent matter but about 3 months ago my kizashi started whining when going into reverse. I didn’t think much of it, I know there are problems with the transmissions and I didn’t have time to worry about it. Today though, every time I tried to put the car into park, the shifter gets “stuck” in reverse, and I have to shift back to drive and then all the way to park quickly to put the car into park. Just wondering if my transmission is starting to go, and any input would be helpful. The sad thing is I’ve had this car for only 2 years now, and it only has 90k miles on the odometer.
Last edited by Spreekid on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
old tech

The todays problem and 3 month ago problems I believe, are 2 separate issues. Todays problem , Im thinking most likely a shifter asm problem . You may want to check with a Suzuki warranty facility to see if there might be a campaign still open on your car for a shifter modification. On the whining noise, some degree of this is quite normal on the cvt trans but if noticeably louder, I would recommend a trans service with pan removal to check filter screen and pan floor for debris.
Spreekid

old tech wrote:The todays problem and 3 month ago problems I believe, are 2 separate issues. Todays problem , Im thinking most likely a shifter asm problem . You may want to check with a Suzuki warranty facility to see if there might be a campaign still open on your car for a shifter modification. On the whining noise, some degree of this is quite normal on the cvt trans but if noticeably louder, I would recommend a trans service with pan removal to check filter screen and pan floor for debris.
Thanks old tech,
I’ll call the warranty center soon to see if my car has the campaign. Fingers crossed. I’ll also check the pan this week, hopefully it’s not that bad.
old tech

If there is anything in the rear of the pan, take a pic and post it so I can see it