I found a 2011 Kizashi (FWD) for sale... wondering if I should sell my '12 AWD and buy it

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm I don't know what cars they're comparing it against when they say it's sluggish and griping about the cornering. Maybe theirs came with a shitty batch of tires. Or maybe it's that filthy "test track" they're using.
I totally agree. My Kizashi with the 6 speed offers more grip than the video would suggest. These people also make no mention of the tires on their test car so I'm going to assume its the stock OE tires which were not the best. Also, the "track" is not a track. It's obviously a closed factory grounds. These people just don't seem like professional car reviewers/journalists. They totally appear to be one of the many youtubers trying to have their channel take off. Maybe they are more legit now but that Kizashi video filmed over 10 years ago screamed amateur to me. I also have a problem with the cars they compared the Kizashi's "track time" to: a Mazda RX-8 and Acura TL with a V6. Neither of these cars are in the same classification as the Kizashi. Furthermore, they don't elaborate if this list is the top 5 best ever in their testing or just a (not really) comparative sample. Just too many issues with this "performance review" to take it seriously.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
AirRideFan

Woodie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm I don't know what cars they're comparing it against when they say it's sluggish and griping about the cornering. Maybe theirs came with a shitty batch of tires. Or maybe it's that filthy "test track" they're using.
Right..??? I was thinking the same thing.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
AirRideFan

KuroNekko wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:39 pm
I totally agree. My Kizashi with the 6 speed offers more grip than the video would suggest. These people also make no mention of the tires on their test car so I'm going to assume its the stock OE tires which were not the best. Also, the "track" is not a track. It's obviously a closed factory grounds. These people just don't seem like professional car reviewers/journalists. They totally appear to be one of the many youtubers trying to have their channel take off. Maybe they are more legit now but that Kizashi video filmed over 10 years ago screamed amateur to me. I also have a problem with the cars they compared the Kizashi's "track time" to: a Mazda RX-8 and Acura TL with a V6. Neither of these cars are in the same classification as the Kizashi. Furthermore, they don't elaborate if this list is the top 5 best ever in their testing or just a (not really) comparative sample. Just too many issues with this "performance review" to take it seriously.
Exactly... x 100, bro. BOGUS review of a car that handles WAY above par with UNPRECEDENTED reliability.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

KIZAWDinKC

For me personally, I chose the AWD because that's precisely what I was looking for at the time. A sedan with AWD that wasn't going to hit the pocketbook too bad. It was either the Subaru or Kizashi. Back in 2010, the Kizashi seemed like a pretty damn cool car for the price. But I wanted the AWD for the times that it snowed. I had a Camry prior to that, and it was awful in slick conditions.

Today, I'm not quite sure if there are sedans around with AWD. Of course there are a lot of mini-SUVs around with it.
KuroNekko

KIZAWDinKC wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:32 am
Today, I'm not quite sure if there are sedans around with AWD. Of course there are a lot of mini-SUVs around with it.
Actually, there are more AWD sedans now than ever before. While it's true that most brands put AWD in CUVs, sedan sales have declined so automakers have tried to entice customers back into sedans by adding AWD. In the last few years, sedans like the Nissan Altima, Mazda3, Toyota Camry, and even the Toyota Prius have gained an AWD option.
That being said, ten years ago, the options were far fewer and the Kizashi stood out because it was a sedan that offered AWD. In fact, Suzuki press materials at the time stated Suzuki was a brand that offered AWD throughout their entire range. Unlike Subaru, AWD was optional so it kept starting prices lower.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Recall many moons ago looking at AWD vs. FWD. The reviews I read showed the AWD a better handler on the twisties due to just that.
So what did you decide?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
AirRideFan

LPSISRL wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:17 pm Recall many moons ago looking at AWD vs. FWD. The reviews I read showed the AWD a better handler on the twisties due to just that.
So what did you decide?
Just WATCHING that (fwd) 6-speed manual Kiz in the video mentioned above-- the AWD does SEEM to me like it handles slightly better---- but then again, part of the reason my (AWD) Kiz handles so well is because my rear camber bolts are seized and it's rolling with an nice .5 or .6 degrees of neg camber on the rear tires. :|
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

chazyouwin

In 2010, I test drove AWD and FWD and settled on a FWD SLS CVT. The FWD did feel lighter and more responsive in dry weather and I was comfortable thinking that for the winter I would typically have snows on all four wheels regardless. I also liked the CVT. Fast forward to 2021 - There have been no problems. I'm not sure I would change out an AWD for the FWD unless I were getting a significantly lower mileage car. I still like the CVT and think it drives well with the lighter chassis. Instead of having snows, we just use the SUVs. By the way we have bought nothing but Suzuki since 2002 and still have: 2002 XL-7, 2010 Kizashi SLS, 2012 Grand Vitara Premium, and 2012 SX4. All wonderful cars. The 2002 XL-7 (170k miles) is just going to last forever.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
AirRideFan

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences, chazyouwin. Yeah, turns out--- I stayed with my current car---since I own it-- and even though it's not perfect any more...NEITHER are the danngg roads in Pgh! ha-- The AWD Kizashi Sport SLS has been the best car I've ever owned... currently at 148k miles--- not ONE thing wrong yet. Awesome car.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS