How to remove oil pan

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Jacob1234

Has anyone replaced oil pan gasket please let me know what u got to do to replace it
Woodie

I don't think there is an oil pan gasket, most Suzuki engines use RTV.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Jacob1234

Ok do u know if it's hard to remove the oil pan
old tech

Pulling the pan off in the car will be a little tricky. Ive had to do it at least 4 times on different Kizashis. Down pipe move and sub frame bolts on right sided removed and left loosened. You will still have to used some magic words to snake it down out of there. There is a balancer/oil pump unit that is in the way for 3 of the rod journals and must be kept in time. Easy compared to many other late models.
Jacob1234

Ok thanks for the info
Woodie

You might want to clean the engine thoroughly with a degreaser and hot soapy water to get all the oil off of it, then after it dries out run it for a few minutes and inspect carefully. Very possible it's leaking from somewhere else.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

i second what Woodie said. The times I had to remove pans were never for leaking oil from mating surface., I dont think its even possible unless someone has been there. My reasons were , one broken pan from accident. one sludged up pan from extreme lack of maintenance, one sticking pressure relief. and one that had lost oil from a loose drain plug and seized up on one rod bearing. this one was a miracle save. The stuck bearing material was removed with muriatic acid and the rod journal surface was unharmed.
golftango

Exactly! I had a diagnosed oil pan leak from a Suzuki/Toyota dealer. After the job, it still leaked. Turns out it was the rear main seal :facepalm:
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango