Highest mileage

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NickL

My Kizashi is currently on 84000 miles,or 135000 km. I bought it with 20k miles less and I drive it for a year and half now.

Most of the Kizashis here in Europe have mileage less than 100k and is rather rare to see Kizzy with over 150k miles. The diesel and Petrol prices in Europe are much higher than in States, Canada or Australia, and that is why a lot of people who drive more than 10k miles in year usually are buying diesel car here. They are affraid of the big consumptions of NA petrol engines even though the Kizashi has a very reasonable consumption on the open roads.

I am very happy to hear that there are few Kizzys which are coming close to half Milion kilometres with no major issues. My car is already 10 years old but considering the prices of used cars these days as well as my decision to invest some money in the Real Estate, I will be keeping my Japanese companion in the next 3 to 4 years to come, maybe even 5.

I did some repairs on the Body paint, mosly cosmetical nature and I will have to paint the entire Hood because a small rust spots are starting to show. Beside that, I repainted the 18" wheels because the original Paint is crap as you guys now, next month I will be buying new sommer tyres. I plan to change the transmission fluid on the car (manual transmission) as I doubt that was ever done before, and to change the coolant as well, and maybe the brake pads if they worn out. Thats about it what I plan to invest in Kizzy this year and I am looking forward to many happy and carefree miles with my Kizzy.

One question guys. At what mileage should I be changing the water pump?
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
SAEED_KIZZY

I think if your car never overheats and makes no odd noise from the accessory drive belt no need to change at all. my car is at 163,000 KM original water pump.
change coolant at 120,000KM and thermostat at 145,000KM
NickL

Why did You change Thermostat? Did it mailfunctioned and started raise engine temperature?
SAEED_KIZZY

a little increase in fuel consumption I thought it was better to change the thermostat after 145K but I was wrong. so I keep the old one :)
you can see my report in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3760&start=40
KlutzNinja

NickL wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:29 am I plan to change the transmission fluid on the car (manual transmission) as I doubt that was ever done before, and to change the coolant as well, and maybe the brake pads if they worn out.
KuroNekko made a good thread a while back on changing the manual transmission fluid in his car. Turns out the fluid Suzuki put in is only okay; if you add a good fluid, it improves the feel of the transmission considerably. I think he used a type of Red Line manual transmission fluid? There are several variations. It’s not exactly cheap, but the fluid doesn’t need changing that often and it’s a good investment if you value driving enjoyment. Not sure if Red Line is available in Europe, but I’m guessing there may be some kind of equivalent if not, or at least some kind of fluid that’s better than what Suzuki put in at the factory.

viewtopic.php?t=2623
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
NickL

Thanks KlutzNinja. I will have that on my mind when i do the transmission fluid change. I am mostly happy with the performance of my manual gearbox in Kizashy, however I must admit that the Civics, especially 9th generation has considerably better feel when shifting and that click-clack sporty feel whenn changing gears which in Kizashi is not the case. I hope it will somehow provide better feedback when replaced with some aftermarket transmission fluid of a better quality.
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:14 pm Thanks KlutzNinja. I will have that on my mind when i do the transmission fluid change. I am mostly happy with the performance of my manual gearbox in Kizashy, however I must admit that the Civics, especially 9th generation has considerably better feel when shifting and that click-clack sporty feel whenn changing gears which in Kizashi is not the case. I hope it will somehow provide better feedback when replaced with some aftermarket transmission fluid of a better quality.
The synthetic manual transmission gear oil will help with the gear engagement but will not really do much about the shifter feel. Honda and Mazda are two Japanese brands famous for their excellent manual trans shifters. I've never driven a manual Honda but owned a 5 speed manual Mazda3 before the Kizashi and that shifter was hands-down so much better and more precise than the Kizashi's. The Kizashi isn't bad but it isn't great either. I've driven a Toyota Matrix that had an awfully vague manual shifter so the Kizashi was much better in comparison to that but isn't anywhere as good as Mazda's.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

I wish I knew how to drive stick, then I’d know how shifter feel differs from gear engagement :lol:. Learning is on my to-do list once the pandemic eases back down again. I don’t live in a manual-friendly area, but I wish I had a manual Kizashi, if only to avoid the inevitable CVT dilemma.
Speaking of Honda, the manual in the new Civic Si is supposed to be great, and there’s a good chance it’ll be the same unit in the upcoming Acura Integra. The interior shot of it looks very Civic-esque, including the infotainment system, and so it seems like it’ll be the only way to get an Acura without the divisive touch pad interface.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
NickL

Driving car with manual gearbox is much more engaging to drive cause it let's you master the engine in the way you want. Everything depends from the way you switch the gears, and when driving manual gearbox only experienced driver can get the most out of the engine, when he knows which gears should he use in order to keep the engine REVS high in order to get performance, or to keep em low to obtain gut mileage.

However, for an unexperienced driver is automatic much better choice. So the beginners can more concentrate on the road and what is happening in traffic instead in what gear they are. But who learns to drive manual can really enjoy the ride.
However, today are cars especially with german automatic transmission like ZF, DSG with 8 gears so fun and engaging to ride that with these gearboxes even an unexperienced driver can drive a car like a Rally pro.

My next car is going to be automatic for sure, but only because I want to encurage my wife to drive more, and automatic transmission is surely gonna be easier for her.