What made you choose a Kizashi??

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizashi_mike

I feel the same way, I [*][*]
TheHolyGhost

I love the interior layout of the car, other than the fact that it's a pretty long reach to the opposite side of the radio. The steering wheel controls makes that a rare occurrence, however. One thing that is frustrating sometimes is that the rear suspension takes up a relatively large amount of space in the trunk.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
chazyouwin

#1 probably the 7 yr. fully transferable drive-train warranty. I have two 2002 Xl-7s and the warranty service for them by Suzuki was exceptional.

#2 drive, ergonomics, visibility, braking, accelerating, etc. Fun to drive - I'll need to use the cruise control to stay under 80.

#3 value - content - just exceptional, and I can't imagine being in another car like an Accord and then wondering why I didn't pick the Kizashi.

#4 looks - very cool but conservative enough for a corporate lawyer like me.

#5 loyalty incentive - $1000 to purchase from Suzuki is a great deal.

#6 dealer great and reasonably local.

#7 overall past experience with Suzuki has been wonderful.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
mysuzyK

I agree with all post above.. I got approx 6000mi now and no problems. continue to love the
car. lol to using the cruse as all know thats a must, or you will be hitting 80 + before you know it.
my favorite is the key less entry. drive safe:)
will2k

What made me choose the kizashi?

Initially i test drove the Mazda 3 SP25 and liked it, then i test drove the Honda Accord Euro ( Acura TSX for the Americans ) and liked it even more!

Problem was the honda dealership near my house was only offering $23k to trade in my old car while Suzuki offered $25,500. The suzuki was also $2000 cheaper so add those 2 up and you have quite a difference. Also Honda needs servicing every 6 months while Kizashi is every year.

I liked the look of the Subaru Impreza RS but servicing every 6 months and only 110kw ( 147hp ) leaned me towards the kizashi also.

If Honda gave me $25,500 i most likely would have went with the Honda.

Basically Honda dealers need to give better trade-ins and the Subaru Impreza needs more horsepower to convince me to buy one.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
White Kiz

Hi all,

New member here. Just had my Kizashi for about 2 months and have fallen in love with it. My ride is a white XL manual, which is stock with the exception of the black bumper addon, bluetooth, reverse sensors, and window tints as factory options. All up I paid just under $30k, which I think is a bargain (I'm based in Australia - Sydney). Seriously at that price range you can only realistically be looking at a Civic Sport, base spec Golf, or Lancer VRX... and it's easy to tell the Kizashi beats them in almost every aspect hands down....

Hopefully in the coming months I'll be able to add 18-19 inch rims (haven't decided on style, but definately going for blacked out ones), air filter, and new exhaust system... Hope my girlfriend is in a generous mood this year for christmas...

The only thing that would make the Kizashi perfect for me... is basically a bit more grunt... 200kw would be a dream come true, but I would settle for 150-160kw... Could some one please share some light on the possibilities.

I know there are threads on a turbo kit available in the US from RR, but it doesn't seem to mention any actual members that have had the kit installed, i.e. actual price, availability for overseas members, or actual performance figures. I'm hoping this will spark up some interest and discussions from members (I've noticed this forum seems to have died down a bit).

Also, hope everyone has a happy and safe break during the festive season (and if you are from Australia, remember it's double demirits...)

Cheers,
will2k

Hey White Kiz,

I got a custom catback exhaust done by Castle Hill exhaust for about $440 i think and i have the RRM short ram intake as well. Stock power is 131kw so even with my mods i'd probably be looking at not even 140kw.

I felt a little increase in power, seems more responsive but not much.

The turbo kit doubles the kizashi's power @ 10psi boost. 129hp @ wheels stock and anywhere from 222hp-270hp depending on the boost (5-10psi). It costs $5000 also though.

150-160kw would be awesome but im guessing you would need full exhaust including headers, intake, ecu with a tune and more.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube