Check engine light P0101

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Mastec1969

Thank you Oldtech for the additional info. Found an SX4 in the yard in Florida. I live back in IL. Have a friend grab it for $5 and some change. Took a vacation to FL to
Pick it up. Still set the P0101 but did not change air foyer yet. However bigger problem now!!!! My son was driving it got off highway rpm’s went high no increase in mph. Made ot two blocks to work barely with a loud whining noise. Soon after No forward gears. But had reverse??? I think the CVT trans puked ! 124 k miles. What now? Rebuildable or used?
old tech

Yeah , average lifespan on these transmissions is 120 to 130,000 miles. Yours is right on time. Do you replace it with a used one? Probably not. They’re too expensive used and you’re just setting yourself up for the same problem. It is best to fix what you have. In your transmission really the only thing that’s bad is the pulley and belt system. On the primary pulley, the balls have basically wore out letting the whole thing wobble plugging up your screen with debris and just by changing the pulleys and belt and cleaning the screen , the problem would be fixed but a new flow control valve should be installed. Good condition donor parts can be found in 2008 to 2012 Nissan Sentra‘s. These cars are too light to tear up the pulley but really should be converted to long pin in the primary pulley while under the knife. One sidenote is that there are two different gear ratios used in the Sentra . The 10,11 and 12 match the Kizashi . The earlier years, the gear must be changed on the secondary pulley. I offer a transmission that’s fixed and ready to go for $850 plus a $200 core if an all-wheel-drive one is requested. If the whole vehicle was brought to me total bill is 1900 with fluid and ready to go and warrantied for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk