Kizashi 'AUTO' light mode

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Klaa$vaaK

Hello forummembers,

I have a Kizashi from the Netherlands and it comes off factory with sport suspention :D and............ light you cannot turn off. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The switch/knob has three functions, 'OFF' 'City light' and 'Normal light'. OFF is the same as Normal, the only difference is that in OFF mode the high beam doesn't work.

I have looked in the front window and the light/rain sensor seems to be there. So I bought a switch/knob from Ebay with the 'AUTO' function and thought, maybe it will work. :roll:
It took me 30 seconds to replace but it didn't work.

Does anyone know if the NL version has the light sensor placed?

Does this forum has a Edd China who can make this work?

Sorry for the bad English :facepalm:

Regards,
Klaa$vaaK
KuroNekko

Do you know which trim level you have? If you have leather seats, a moonroof, and a factory navigation, you have a top-spec model. These are the only ones that came with automatic lights, I believe. While other lower level models might have that light sensor in the dash, it's likely a dummy. My car has it although I do not have automatic lights.

If you have high beam bulbs that stay on when you drive, even if the headlight switch is set to OFF, then you have Daytime Running Lights. These are standard in US and Canadian models. They basically have the high beam bulbs operate at low wattage while the car is in operation.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

Hello
If your knob is in OFF state and the clearance light ON all the time it means there is a problem with the rain/light module try to disconnect the connector from it and check again.
Klaa$vaaK

KuroNekko wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:02 pm Do you know which trim level you have? If you have leather seats, a moonroof, and a factory navigation, you have a top-spec model. These are the only ones that came with automatic lights, I believe. While other lower level models might have that light sensor in the dash, it's likely a dummy. My car has it although I do not have automatic lights.

If you have high beam bulbs that stay on when you drive, even if the headlight switch is set to OFF, then you have Daytime Running Lights. These are standard in US and Canadian models. They basically have the high beam bulbs operate at low wattage while the car is in operation.
Hello KuroNekko,

In the Netherlands there were only two models. 4wd with CVT or 2WD manual transmission. Full specs, leather seats, moonroof no navigation.
I have a rainsensor, and its located in the front window with a lightsensor. The bulb which is located front of the center speaker you mean is a sunlight sensor. It helps the climate control to regulate the temperature in the cabin. (When the sun shines in the car the climate control needs to work harder to get the temperature)

Maybe the Netherlands just used the daytime running light models.

But I just think the lightsensor is in the front window. I can see it. But how can I be 100% sure?

Because when its there I think it can work 😅

Regards,
KlaasvaaK
Last edited by Klaa$vaaK on Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:16 pm Hello
If your knob is in OFF state and the clearance light ON all the time it means there is a problem with the rain/light module try to disconnect the connector from it and check again.
Hello Saeed Kizzy,

I have contacted a Suzuki dealer here with the same Netherland model. And it was exactly the same. OFF State, lights on.

Regards
KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

Klaa$vaaK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:03 am
Hello Saeed Kizzy,

I have contacted a Suzuki dealer here with the same Netherland model. And it was exactly the same. OFF State, lights on.

Regards
KlaasvaaK
sorry I forget about DRL. but again check the connector of rain /light module below the rearview mirror if there is one!
also if your car is not equipped with Auto light maybe your front windshield replaced with the one with Auto light bracket
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:40 am
Klaa$vaaK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:03 am
Hello Saeed Kizzy,

Regards
KlaasvaaK
sorry I forget about DRL. but again check the connector of rain /light module below the rearview mirror if there is one!
also if your car is not equipped with Auto light maybe your front windshield replaced with the one with Auto light bracket
Ok thats a good idea, I will try to take the rearview mirror off. And look if both rain and light sensor is placed.
SAEED_KIZZY

@Klaa$vaaK Removal instruction from service manual:
photo_2021-09-23_20-12-18.jpg
photo_2021-09-23_20-12-18.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
photo_2021-09-23_20-13-18.jpg
Klaa$vaaK

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:38 pm @Klaa$vaaK Removal instruction from service manual:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:38 pm @Klaa$vaaK Removal instruction from service manual:
photo_2021-09-23_20-12-18.jpgphoto_2021-09-23_20-13-18.jpg
Wow thats great, this is going to be easy!

Another question, do you have the complete manual for me, I have downloaded somewhere from this forum but not all the pages are readable.

Regards,
KlaasvaaK
SAEED_KIZZY

I found this one and re-upload it
Kizashi Repair Manual 2010-2011.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7sa4wbee9zwi ... 4wMHa?dl=0