Car is getting no electricity

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
PittsburghJoe

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Kizashi and everything was fine until this morning. I drove last night and shut off the car when I got home. This morning I went to start. For about half a second, long enough for the wipers to go up half a stroke, I had electricity then nothing. I can't even unlock the doors (though luckily it is unlocked) or pop the trunk.

I'm thinking it is a blown fuse. I did replace the battery a month ago but all has been fine since then until today. Any ideas if I'm correct on the fuse and if so which one and is it in the engine bay or inside the cabin?

Thanks so much!

Joe
KuroNekko

PittsburghJoe wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:42 pm Hi all,

I have a 2012 Kizashi and everything was fine until this morning. I drove last night and shut off the car when I got home. This morning I went to start. For about half a second, long enough for the wipers to go up half a stroke, I had electricity then nothing. I can't even unlock the doors (though luckily it is unlocked) or pop the trunk.

I'm thinking it is a blown fuse. I did replace the battery a month ago but all has been fine since then until today. Any ideas if I'm correct on the fuse and if so which one and is it in the engine bay or inside the cabin?

Thanks so much!

Joe
Check battery connections and grounds first. If you have a voltmeter on hand, check the battery too but it's more likely a connection issue. If they all check out, then check the fuse box. For a matter like this, the fuse box of concern is located in the engine bay to the far right under a plastic cover.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
PittsburghJoe

Thanks KuroNekko! It was indeed a bad battery connection. When I replaced the battery a month ago or so it died in a grocery store parking lot so I just gathered the basic tools and changed it myself in the parking lot. I should have taken it home and made sure everything was tightened up but it was working and I forgot about it. Anyway it was just tightening up the connections and I'm back on the road. Thanks guys!