Kizashi Engine

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
VinceH

I have a huge problem My engine in my 2010 Kizashi has no compression and I don't know what my options are. Is it hard to try and get it fixed or is it even worth it? Should I just get a new car or a new engine?
old tech

I commend you on seeking advice on your situation however there isn’t enough information for us to make an informed decision. What’s your ZIP Code? How many miles are on the vehicle ? What kind of work has already been done on the vehicle such as transmission etc.? Over all condition of vehicle? What happened to get you to this point of no compression, I’m guessing that the belt slipped off a bad tensioner pulley and the car overheated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VinceH

Yes the belt did break and I would believe that my engine overheated as a result. Only 71343 miles on it unsure of any work previously done on it as I bought it used with little information on previous work. Car was in good condition prior to engine now. I’m in Oahu Hawaii 96818 I’ve tried searching for another car on the island or just an engine but tough to find anything.
old tech

Your area has to be pretty high on labor rate I would imagine but so is everything over there. I did check your area and I didn’t find any engine available for your car either. With no compression, your cylinder head is most likely warped beyond reusing. Shipping you another head is only a small part of what it would end up costing but I could send you a cylinder head that was ready to go on. the cost of the cylinder head assembly would be $250 before shipping. The weight on a cylinder head I’m guessing is 40 pounds my ZIP Code is 16424. Is there any chance of you finding a competent import mechanic as a poor one could cost you more than he’s saving you. Replacing a cylinder head can be done in the vehicle for between 8 and 12 hours of labor. The radiator could be melted at cap mounting area would need to be inspected and figured in before starting the project. Also a look into what caused the belt to come off of there. Your mileage is pretty low for this to happen. I have seen the belt tensioner cause this issue at miles of double yours typically.You can do a search under technical for” cheap fix belt tensioner “ and view my check and fix for a belt alignment issue. Your vehicle was supposed to have had a revised belt tensioner when the car was almost new. Maybe it never got it. If it was changed the top bolt on the tensioner would’ve been changed with it now would be an allen bolt instead of a hex headed bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk