SX4 clutch in the Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
wiktor012

2012 Suzuki kizashi manual. My clutch just gave up on me last week. It wasn't a surprise at 150k miles. The car drives great and i think its worth fixing. I'm attempting to replace it myself. Sourcing the parts is a real nightmare. I found the out that its almost impossible to get the clutch in the USA. By reading the forum I found out that I can use the sx4 clutch. They are easily available and much cheaper than getting the clutch imported from Australia. I'm wondering if anyone attempted this before? I also cant find anything about the pilot bearing. Does anyone know if I can use the one from Sx4 that would come in the kit or do i need to buy a separate one For the Kizashi. If yes is it interchangeable with any other Suzukis or other cars? I cant find one specific for Kizashi online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
old tech

You can definitely use a2011 Sx4 clutch kit on your Kizashi. The disc and the cover will be a little less area but it will work fine. I myself have not done it but both cars use the same exact flywheel and I have had people report back that it works just fine for them. The kit usually will come with everything needed but if you don’t need everything you can go even cheaper and just slide in a disc. The disc that is the same dimensions as the Kizashi Clutch, is a 1992 Mitsubishi eclipse. I have one of these to try because I have a clutch to do myself but I have not done it yet. But the Sx4 way is the way to go for you. It’s just not an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiktor012

Sounds good I will be ordering parts today and probably start taking it apart next week. I may take some pictures and post the process. I’m going to machine the flywheel. I would love to change the pilot bearing but I’m not sure if the sx4 will work. It would be great to see if the oem part numbers are the same. Do you know If I need to take out the engine or is there enough space to leave it alone? I haven’t put it on a lift yet so I’m not sure what I’m dealing with. I need to take a look. Is the Eclipse clutch a direct fit? Im guessing the splines would be different.
old tech

There is no pilot bearing used on the Kizashi or sx4. The part no. for flywheel and the through out/slave cyl asm are the same but the disc and the pressure plate would be different due to the 3/8in difference in diameter of the two. The sub frame removal and dropping transmission is the way to go. On the eclipse disc, it uses the same 7/8in 20 teeth shaft size and 8 7/8 diameter. There are other measurements to be concerned with though that arent listed.