Springs gone

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
cahd7336

Hello…….I have two bad front coil springs on my 2011 se awd. I have found two oem at the dealer but they $330cad per spring. Not to mention the mounts and struts

I am wondering if there is an alternative or interchangeable spring/ strut assembly that woo pool old work?

Will sx4 springs or strut assembly work?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
KuroNekko

The springs are hard to find but the struts are not at all. KYB is the OEM and they make aftermarket struts and shocks that fit the Kizashi. While there might technically be a difference between the OE dampers for the Sport models, the aftermarket KYB parts fit and work just fine. My car is proof of that as I have replaced my worn Sport dampers with KYB aftermarkets on all corners. I reused my original springs. Given you have an SE, the KYB Excel-G might even be your OE dampers. Check this out for part numbers:
https://www.kyb.com/catalog/

Now the springs will be harder to source so maybe going used is the best option for you. Are your springs compromised due to rust? Maybe others like Old Tech know of other springs that could fit the Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

The springs are a little hard to come up with, but not bad. I have been using used springs when I need one. I just buy a complete strut or knee assembly which it’s sometimes called. Because of the CVT transmission failures and the cost of deer hit repair, the Kizashi parts can certainly be found. I found it on car-part.com and paid $35 for the last complete strut. If you don’t have to contend with car inspections, you might just wanna leave it be. The Kizashi strut is made in such a way that the spring doesn’t come out of there and poke the tire like it does on some older Camry‘s and Ford Taurus. It’s always just the last 4 inches of the spring that breaks and this lowers the car about a half an inch. You would want it even from side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cahd7336

Thanks a lot! Even just knowing to search for the “knee assembly” is a big help!

The website also seems promising! Will check it out

Thanks again
Obama_is_hot6

cahd7336 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:13 pm Thanks a lot! Even just knowing to search for the “knee assembly” is a big help!

The website also seems promising! Will check it out

Thanks again
yuh as far as getting stock springs it is going to be super hard, but websites do still sell the lowered sport springs by H&R
YUUUURT
cahd7336

What are the thoughts on using the coil springs from fwd on awd?
Obama_is_hot6

cahd7336 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:27 pm What are the thoughts on using the coil springs from fwd on awd?
their interchangeable but the awd sport sls is the lower version, so it depends on what trim you get
YUUUURT