Navigation question

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
newzie

Hello All!

I just purchased a leftover 2010 SLS/AWD w/Nav on Friday It has the Kenwood DNX6020EX. I consider myself to be pretty up on the latest gadgets, and don't find electronics overly complicated...until now. My last few cars have had factory nav (not because I want nav, but because that's what they happened to have on the lot with the options I want). Here are a few things I've noticed, the Garmin nav is typical easy to use Garmin. However, the system basically has two different personalities. The Garmin easy to use side, and the Kenwood, I'm going to give you a major headache side.

My sources of frustration are the strange naming of things (Mute is ATT), two icons for satellite radio (Sirius and XM) with neither one actually installed, HD radio functionality that also isn't installed, automatically switching to backup cam when going into reverse with no cam installed, the ability to change background pictures via USB with no USB port installed, no Bluetooth streaming audio with my phone (iPhone 4), having to switch to video mode to use audio aux (for Pandora), and the inability to use the dial pad or get to my contacts (not sure about why the first one is blocked, but the second is due to the iPhone again). I've keep referring to the owners manual because its not really intuitive.

It would have been nice if Suzuki actually contracted with a company to make a true OEM system that fit the personality of the car, and was easy to use. Maybe with VW and Suzuki cooperating, we will see some of the VW systems in future Suzuki products?
SuzKiz

You can setup the unit so the screen will not go black when you put the car in reverse. The USB port is located in the glove box you just have to unplug the iPod cable. The dial pad lock out was what Suzuki legal wanted. If you install XM or Sirius the logo that is not installed goes away. The radio should say tuner for AM/FM unless you have the HD tuner installed then the display will read HD.