quick question

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Obama_is_hot6

hey i was looking online for low mileage kizashi's and ive found a few websites that import from japan and they claim to be selling some with as little as >60,000 km mileage for as low as >8k usd....
are these scams? has anyone actually used websites like these before? like here was one i was looking at https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-suz ... i-for-sale

and even if this website is legit how the hell am i suppost to be expected to buy a car i cant actually look at in person, like seeing thoes prices really about to make me fly to japan fr :eyes:
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

It might be technically legit but you won't be able to legally drive the cars in the US. The US has a 25-year import rule for non USDM vehicles. Basically, these foreign cars were not made to the specs required by the US Dept. of Transportation and other agencies thus aren't road-legal until 25 years after manufacture. Hence, even if you import a JDM Kizashi, your state DMV will not allow you to register the vehicle. In that light, it's not worth it just for parts or driving around exclusively on private property.

Also keep in mind that JDM vehicles are Right Hand Drive thus the steering wheel is on the other side. Also, JDM Kizashis were exclusively CVT models and many were sold as fleet vehicles.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:25 pm It might be technically legit but you won't be able to legally drive the cars in the US. The US has a 25-year import rule for non USDM vehicles. Basically, these foreign cars were not made to the specs required by the US Dept. of Transportation and other agencies thus aren't road-legal until 25 years after manufacture. Hence, even if you import a JDM Kizashi, your state DMV will not allow you to register the vehicle. In that light, it's not worth it just for parts or driving around exclusively on private property.

Also keep in mind that JDM vehicles are Right Hand Drive thus the steering wheel is on the other side. Also, JDM Kizashis were exclusively CVT models and many were sold as fleet vehicles.
That sucks so hard, cuz im trying really hard to find a low mileage kizashi
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

Yeah, but it's tough at this point in the US and Canada as the newest of the Kizashis here are 10 years old at least. Finding one now under 100K in mileage is probably very hard.
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:17 pm Yeah, but it's tough at this point in the US and Canada as the newest of the Kizashis here are 10 years old at least. Finding one now under 100K in mileage is probably very hard.
you wont believe it i found one with 85k original miles and is the sls awd version, selling for 9k and is rust free (they sent pics of the underside for me) im getting a flight acrost america to come get it
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

Best of luck with the purchase and drive back home.
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:44 pm Best of luck with the purchase and drive back home.
Yuh thanks ill keep you updated
YUUUURT
Obama_is_hot6

On my way to get that kizashi, also how do i delete posts? Since this one has been answered
Attachments
20231227_174545.jpg
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

Don't worry about deleting posts unless you want to remove something you typed. In general, we favor leaving threads on the forum.

Where is the Kizashi and where are you driving it back to?
Obama_is_hot6

Where is the Kizashi and where are you driving it back to?
[/quote]

just got home with it after a brutal 16 hour drive, but i think i can die happy now cuz i got 2 kizashis :D (grey one is the new one) and after reviewing this post the pictures look corrupted so let me know if they look normal to you
Attachments
20231229_131846.jpg
20231229_131911.jpg
YUUUURT