Very Urgently in need of help 😵‍💫

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Kbiitch

Wondering where do the vents on the dashboard lead to? The defrosters in the center up under the windshield? How would one go about getting a snake out of those vents?🥴
Obama_is_hot6

Kbiitch wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:58 am Wondering where do the vents on the dashboard lead to? The defrosters in the center up under the windshield? How would one go about getting a snake out of those vents?🥴
as in a living creature snake? untill we find out i wouldent turn on the fans or heat or anything. in case the fans chop it up
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

The vents pull air from outside the windshield near the wiper on the passenger side. There is a filter behind the glove box near the fan to filter the outside air. This is likely the largest cavity in the HVAC system of the car so it might be where a snake would go. I recently saw a video online of a snake in a car's HVAC and it was resting where the filter was.

Where are you located? Keep in mind snakes go into a form of hibernation in winter months called brumation. They are largely slower, don't do much, and don't eat. I own a ball python and from late fall to spring, it largely just sleeps and doesn't eat during this time.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kbiitch

KuroNekko wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm The vents pull air from outside the windshield near the wiper on the passenger side. There is a filter behind the glove box near the fan to filter the outside air. This is likely the largest cavity in the HVAC system of the car so it might be where a snake would go. I recently saw a video online of a snake in a car's HVAC and it was resting where the filter was.

Where are you located? Keep in mind snakes go into a form of hibernation in winter months called brumation. They are largely slower, don't do much, and don't eat. I own a ball python and from late fall to spring, it largely just sleeps and doesn't eat during this time.
Yes I removed the glove box & air filter. She wasn’t in there, also looked as far as I could see under the dash while the glove box was out. No luck 🥲 Long story short, our pet corn snake got loose in the car during travel & made it into the defroster vent before the passenger could grab ahold of her. Would she still be in the car or would she have access to the outside?
KuroNekko

Kbiitch wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:30 pm
KuroNekko wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm The vents pull air from outside the windshield near the wiper on the passenger side. There is a filter behind the glove box near the fan to filter the outside air. This is likely the largest cavity in the HVAC system of the car so it might be where a snake would go. I recently saw a video online of a snake in a car's HVAC and it was resting where the filter was.

Yes I removed the glove box & air filter. She wasn’t in there, also looked as far as I could see under the dash while the glove box was out. No luck 🥲 Long story short, our pet corn snake got loose in the car during travel & made it into the defroster vent before the passenger could grab ahold of her. Would she still be in the car or would she have access to the outside?
I'm no expert but I think if the filter is kept in place, a snake would be largely sealed inside the HVAC passages of the car. Keep in mind the vents also run to the foot wells of all seats and there is a vent for the rear passengers behind the center console. I believe the owner's manual has a display of all the vents and the air routing. That should be the passage a small snake like a corn snake can travel within the car.

This is definitely a unique predicament. When is the last time you fed the snake and what do you feed it? Maybe you can draw it out with food? My ball python is like a heat-seeking missile when he's hungry and catches the scent of prey.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:46 am
Kbiitch wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:30 pm

I'm no expert but I think if the filter is kept in place, a snake would be largely sealed inside the HVAC passages of the car. Keep in mind the vents also run to the foot wells of all seats and there is a vent for the rear passengers behind the center console. I believe the owner's manual has a display of all the vents and the air routing. That should be the passage a small snake like a corn snake can travel within the car.

This is definitely a unique predicament. When is the last time you fed the snake and what do you feed it? Maybe you can draw it out with food? My ball python is like a heat-seeking missile when he's hungry and catches the scent of prey.
yeah kinda piggybacking off your idea, since its still pretty chilly out, what if you left your car outside, then grabbed a heated cat bed or a heat lamp or somthing. so that overnight the snake want to sleep there and come out of whereever its hiding to get into some warmpth
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

I guess that depends on the size of the snake there is an open vent under the front seat but center console is the place to look
Woodie

This is not great, but it's better than nothing:
Attachments
HVAC.pdf
(339.4 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency