service campaign received in mail

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

Just got a letter from Suzuki Canada today and it's about a service campaign. Owning the vehicle for less than a month and already starting to replace parts on the car.........not a good start lol.

I am not sure if it applies to US suzuki as well or not but you guys might want to check with your local dealers.

"The tension adjuster pulley for the drive belt that operates the alternator, water pump and air conditioner compressor on certain 2011 Kizashi vehicles has an improperly manufatured internal spring that can break due to repeated stress. If the spring breaks, the drive belt will not be adjusted properly and can slip. This can cause a squaking noise, the coolant temperature indication to rise or the charging light to come on. To prevent this occurrence, Suzuki is conducting a service campaign to replace the drive belt tension adjuster pulley on affected vehicles. According to our records, you are the owner of one of these vehicles. Please contact your Suzuki dealer to schedule an appointment for this important campaign. Campaign insturctions have already been sent to your dealer and service can be performed in apporximately one hours if you have an appointment. However, additional time will be required to schedule and process your vehicle. This service will be performed at no cost to you for parts or labour."

So here you go guys, check with your dealer to see if this applies to your vehicle. Not too happy about this but at least Suzuki informs me about this.

cheers
sj85

It is part of recall for their Grand Vitara, they are recalling lot of those.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport MT :-D
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6 MT :-D
2002 Hyundai Sonata Auto :-)
2008 Suzuki Swift Zxi (in Asia) :-D
2002 Suzuki Zen Vxi (in Asia) :-D
babacu

Got it, too.
ThunderSky

Northernstar wrote:Just got a letter from Suzuki Canada today and it's about a service campaign. Owning the vehicle for less than a month and already starting to replace parts on the car.........not a good start lol.
I've owned a lot of cars over the past 35 years of driving, and I don't think I have ever owned a new car that didn't have recalls.
Plain and simple.... it's a cost of doin business kids.
Out of the 10000 or so parts on a car it's actually hard to imagine not having a few that don't end up working quite as well as planned at conception. I'd rather the mfr recognize these potential issues early and take the plunge on repairs before it becomes an issue en-mass.
It's much easier to drop the car off for a few hours on my terms than it would be having it towed in at a potentially very bad time.

Just saying..
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
greenwalk

I also received this notice the other day. Apparently it will also apply to a couple of other Suzuki models. I booked an appointment and the work was actually done in 45 minutes. All quite painless really and the guys washed the car. The hardest part for the service guys is getting some of the nuts off which are in difficult locations. Much better to be informed of the problem than to some day lose power steering! The car before this one was a VW Passat, a great car, but I must have had 6-8 recalls for one thing and another. You want a car, expect some things to go wrong. I also own a 73 Triumph GT6......... you can do your own recalls on that one, starting with the electrics.
JDReichert

:roll: Stopped by the dealer on Wedesday and they offered to install the new tensioner on our 2010 SLS with a build date of October 2009. He checked and the VIN number was part of the recall. Took about an hour and they preformed a maintenance check on the complete car while they had it in. We have 11,202 miles in just 1 year. Every thing appears to be excellent, no problems. Zero paint chips, radio is great, no starting problems etc.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
Ronzuki

greenwalk wrote:I also own a 73 Triumph GT6......... you can do your own recalls on that one, starting with the electrics.
Triumph GT6...that's a hartop, straight 6 correct? If so, I haven't seen one of those in 30 years. My lab partner had one in college cool as hell.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
legion

an action is actual for the auto of producing in a period from 13.10.2009 to 19.10.2010.
tigerbangs54

I took my car in the other day for the campaign: of course, the dealer didn't have the part, so I will have to go back in when the part arrives. I did get a free oil change out of it, though...:)
chockysmudge

Being an all new car, I would expect somethings to not work, and to have some recalls. I guess owners of new car are sort of lab rats in a way. There is only so much that the testing process can debug prior to the release into the wild.

Many of the faults are very low risk of failing, but overall it is cheaper to replace a part before it fails and damages something else or brings about a bad reputation.

Bad things happen to manufacturers who identify a fault and ignore it.

It is probably not wise to buy the first of a new car or an all new model in some respects.