Driving up hills

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Riddler

How is the Kizashi's performance when driving up hills (for those who already own one)?
RjKizashi

It goes up hills just like a car ... no need for horses to pull it along, no need to be pushed by a train.
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

Shaneous

.. fine - however if you have the auto - use manual mode (i find it better / quicker anyway)
WESHOOT2

Works in the mountains, too.
I promise.....
JDReichert

:D Drove our SLS through both Washington and Oregon mountains on vacation in November (back highways). We do have some REAL mountains (Mt. Rainer, 14,000+ feet) and the car preformed great. Used manual on both steep up and down hill, with very little foot brake. Transmission, CVT, outstanding. Used the cruise control plus paddle shifters and averaged 36 mpg on the highway. Love this car. As good as my BMW 633CSi 5 speed manual.

Jerry 2010 SLS with 11,202 miles
Shaneous

^ can someone dump this spamming joker?
TheHolyGhost

Post was removed and user was banned. Sorry.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Shaneous

Cool ;-)
TObject

Driving up-hills, in my opinion, is the largest benefit of a CVT over a traditional automatic transmission with fixed gear ratios. I love how smooth mine is.

One day, with the car loaded with passengers and luggage, it went up the Cajon Pass as if it was not even there. I also routinely accelerate on a fairly steep and long on-ramp to an Interstate; the Kizashi purrs like a kitten and goes easy with absolutely no jerks.

Driving up-hill from a complete stop is a different story. There is a noticeable jerk. Also the hill-hold system, while usually does work as expected, sometimes will not engage and the car may roll backwards unless care is taken (in these situations, I just keep the left foot on the brake and the right foot on the accelerator pedal, and control the car that way).