Break in

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CCS77

Did you notice the car got any better gas mileage after the 1000mi break in period? Maybe it's me just getting used to the car but it does feel like the CVT has become a little more responsive.

Loving the car more and more...
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
tigerbangs54

With all the freezing weather we are having, it's hard to be sure, but I have 3000 mi on my 2010 Kizashi SE AWD, and I am averaging about 26 MPG overall with a mixture of highway and city driving. I have seen a high of 31 MPG, and the lowest was about 18 MPG. The mileage seems to be getting a bit better, and I HAVE noticed that the car seems a bit more lively than when I first got it, but I'm less afraid of caning it now.
CCS77

I have heard there are more additives in fuel in the winter time that hurts mileage. I'm loving the crap out of this car minus the paint chips. I've owned it for 928 mi and I have 4 paint chips. wtf :(
EnfinityX

i think its simply you getting used to the car.
CCS77

EnfinityX wrote:i think its simply you getting used to the car.

Could be...the CVT is way different than a traditional transmition and requires a different foot to get the same results.
Ronzuki

I agree, I have found that my driving habits (my right foot) had to be altered to the CVT. Way different animal.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Northernstar

CCS77 wrote:I have heard there are more additives in fuel in the winter time that hurts mileage. I'm loving the crap out of this car minus the paint chips. I've owned it for 928 mi and I have 4 paint chips. wtf :(
you are lucky. i have around 10 chips with less than 1250km :cry:
CCS77

Think Suzuki will re shoot the front bumper and hood with a thicker coat??? That's rediculous...the sales guy was even bragging about thier paint being better than most domestic cars and mentuioned the GM paint peeling issue of years past.
EnfinityX

i dont think that will happen. paint chips are very prevalent on all makes and models of all cars nowadays. Ive seen complains on ferrari boards, porsche boards, nissan boards. Its all this eco friendly water soluble paint bs thats leading to really soft and fragile paint. Unlike the past paint which could use enamel and would withstand just about anything.
Northernstar

CCS77 wrote:Think Suzuki will re shoot the front bumper and hood with a thicker coat??? That's rediculous...the sales guy was even bragging about thier paint being better than most domestic cars and mentuioned the GM paint peeling issue of years past.
the funny thing is.....my paint chips aren't even on the front.....they are all at the back, right in front of the rear tires. = =