Finally Arrived

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
JDLKizzy

OK, so I wanted to wait until I had some pics but it's been raining all weekend (just my luck) Picked up my new 2011 Platinum Silver GTS Sport 6-MT this Friday! So I guess it took a little over 5 weeks for it to come in....the wait as brutal but worth it. All I can say is that it's one sharp car in person (as all of the owners already know).....Picked it up yesterday with 4 miles on it and now it's got about 150........looks great, handles great.....can't wait to start driving it on the daily commute. The fit and finish is awsome.......I'll try to post some pics later this week when the sun decides to peek out. I know it's early but thus far.......totally impressed. :)
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
tigerbangs54

Congratulations on your new baby!
TheHolyGhost

Welcome, I'd love to test a sport to see how it compares to my 2010 non-sport. Best of luck!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Ronzuki

I was at the dealer yesterday getting the belt tensioner recall addresssed, and there was a 2011 platinum silver SLS or GTS sitting. My eye went directly to the the niffty rocker skirts they are now putting on (maybe to combat the paint chipping issue?) They are apparently standard on the model as there wasn't a specific line item on the sticker laying in the passenger seat.
Congratss on your purchase, it is one fine looking car. I also prefer the newer style wheels they have on there over my 2010's.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
AFREaKA.Man

JDLKizzy,

Welcome to the club! Yes, the Kizashi is a great car. Since you don't have the CVT you won't have the lag issues that the CVT causes. I don't have the lag anymore either since I got the RRM Piggyback ECU installed, but they offer the Piggyback for the MT too. If by chance you decide to get one and install it, please make sure you post up what benefits you obtained from it--I'm definitely curious to the performance upgrade it makes to the MT as I'm quite happy with what it's done for my CVT.

TheHolyGhost,

The lowered ride and lighter and larger wheels (if you didn't uprade to the 18") definitely provide noticeably more grip when cornering twisty roads--surprisingly, my wife even pointed this out when we test drove both the '10 and the '11 GTS, and she admits to not really being a "car person". But if that's something you want, I'm sure you could better the '11 with aftermarket upgrades from RRM or someone else.

AFREaKA.Man
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
CCS77

My 2010 GTS came with 18's...was it an upgrade I was not aware of???

Glad to hear the piggy helped the CVT version of the Kizashi cause I am thoroughly dissapointed in the 0-60 of this car. It handles great but getting smoked by my girlfriends V6 SUV sucks.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
AFREaKA.Man

Nah, sorry, I had mistakenly thought that the 18" wheels were only standard on the SLS for 2010, but it's good to know that it's on both the GTS and SLS. Yeah, it still not blazing fast...it's quicker, but what really stands out is it's responsiveness--that's where the Pigyback really shines.
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
CCS77

so right off the line it is a little quicker to get going? That's my main complaint with the CVT. Roll ons for passing are actually very good.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
AFREaKA.Man

Yep, instead of dealing with that pause when you first press the accelerator, it just starts to go right away--which shouldn't sound exotic, except it apparently is with the CVT. So, for me, considering that I plan on keeping the car for a long time, installing the Piggyback was well worth the cost. And honestly, I do a lot of stop and go driving on the freeway and I personally wouldn't trade in my CVT for a manual simply because I appreciate the smoothness that the CVT provides, so now I'm content with it.
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
kegard

Congrats on the new ride!

I just traded in my Forester XT for a vivid red GST MT this past weekend and am loving it!

It's a beutiful car inside and out. Materials, ride, and handling are much better than my past couple Subarus. Now just need to work on making it faster :D
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual