Japan disaster. Does it affect Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
chockysmudge

I have just ordered a new 2010 (2011 plated) manual Kizashi XLS in Australia and wonder what the affects of the Japan crisis will mean to Suzuki car owners in the near future. I googled Suzuki and it seems that they are away from the trouble.
Ronzuki

Suzuki itself may be away from the trouble, but I'm sure their supply chain has been severely disrupted. Suzuki, as well as all car makers, don not build every part or sub-assembly they design in to their vehicles. There are typically multiple facilities (locations) feeding components to the final assembly location.

Let's hope they can adjust and none of their major or critical suppliers are down for good. As current owners...the good news is, all of the Suzukis I've owned, past and present, required little in the way of parts replacement over many thousands of miles of ownership.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
EnfinityX

chances are ur fine. if they're far enough away not to use the same shipping lanes and ur order is already placed u should be fine. I mean ur car is probably on the docks if not already on its way across.
chockysmudge

Yes my car is fine. Apparently in storage locally. Just parts down the track. Would be a tad troublesome if simple parts such as airfilters etc became unobtainable. Expect that all will be OK.
Ronzuki

The shortages begin.....get prepared...

March 16, 2011

Dear Customer:

Thank you for all of your wishes and prayers concerning the people of Japan and for our parent company, Daikin
Industries, during this time of extreme difficulty and emergency.

We are trying our best to communicate our situation and the impact on our business and I would like to continue that
communication in this letter to you.

First and foremost, we are thankful that all Daikin employees are accounted for and that no one was injured by this
catastrophic event.

Our plant in Kashima, outside of Tokyo, did not sustain any damage to function during the earthquake and Tsunami.
However, due to the lack of power, water and gas supply, our Plant is currently shut down and will remain so for the immediate future. We have no specific information as to when the plant will restart, and the current situation is severe.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update you with more specific information as we obtain it.

Our plant in Yodogawa, outside of Osaka, did not see any physical impact as a result of the Earthquake. However, the
lack of raw materials supplied from our Kashima Plant, in conjunction with nation-wide logistical complications, will lead
to the reduction or stoppage of the overall output of our Yodogawa Plant.

The following products are affected as a result of this situation:

 PTFE • FEP
 PFA • ETFE
 EFEP • Fluoroelastomers
 Unidyne (oil and water repellent) • Telomer Related Products

Daikin America will continue shipments to you through the end of March. Beginning in April, Daikin will
reevaluate its supply to you after analyzing its global inventories of products and raw materials; and progress
made in the logistical situation in Japan.

Daikin is a global company that sources the supply of our products from a global base. The supply of all products to
Daikin customers in all regions will be impacted by this tragedy and by our current suspension of shipments in and out of
Japan. We are working diligently to determine the impact of this on your supply. We are sincerely sorry for the impact of
the tragic situation in Japan. We will continue to dedicate ourselves to providing the best information in a timely fashion,
with honesty and respect for the value of our customers.

20 Olympic Drive
Orangeburg, NY 10962
Tel: (845) 365-9500
Fax: (845) 365-9515
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that...