What small things are you surprised the Kizashi doesn't have

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

Firefly wrote:
~tc~ wrote: I really wish there were a way to stop the engine and keep the radio on.
I agree on that one.
Turning off the ignition with the car in 'D' will do this as was mentioned earlier. I happened across that accidentally and thought, hmm, that's a bizzar way to get the stereo to stay on.

x3 on that item. Mud guards and all weather slush matts should be standard on an AWD car.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Hawkzilla

So if I'm driving down the street and accidentally hit the ignition button my engine will die?? And if so, don't you have to have the brake applied to get the car to start?

Seems like that could be a very dangerous scenario in certain situations...
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
WESHOOT2

I'm surprised the K-machine doesn't have a less whiny owner body......
Hawkzilla

I love my Kiz... couldn't have made a more perfect ride for myself. That said, I don't want my engine to die while going 80 mph on the interstate if my knee bumps the starter button.

No car is perfect, which is why you will always have convos such as these. I don't think it makes any of us "whiners". ;)
~tc~

Yes, I just tried it with the transmission in N. Then you can put it in park.

I'm not sure how you would bump the start button hard enough to shut off the engine while driving. There are several safety incidents where you would definitely want to shut off the ignition while in drive (for instance, catastrophic brake failure)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Hawkzilla

~tc~ wrote:Yes, I just tried it with the transmission in N. Then you can put it in park.

I'm not sure how you would bump the start button hard enough to shut off the engine while driving. There are several safety incidents where you would definitely want to shut off the ignition while in drive (for instance, catastrophic brake failure)
What if I'm trying to open a stubborn SlimJim and it slips and pokes the starter? ;)

I thought about that, but in that instance you would have your brake applied so the car should be able to be turned off. I'm thinking if you have the car in drive with no brake applied, you should have to hold the button in for a few seconds before it will kill the engine. I would not want to try to pull over at 80 mph with no power steering or brakes... in the SlimJim scenario.
~tc~

Electric power steering - shouldn't be a problem
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Triggerhappy

KIZAWDinKC wrote:The cheap interior rearview mirror. The mirror I have in my GTS looks like it was bought from the automotive aisle at CVS drugstore and glued onto the windshield.

I owned a 2004 camry prior, the mirror inside it had a digital compass and a dimming feature for nighttime. Even last night when I was driving my GTS, someone's headlights behind me were blinding me through the mirror as if they had their brights on. It should be standard on all the kizashis to have a mirror that automatically dims.

Oh, and the camry I owned prior also had a black mesh screen that could be pulled down in front of the back window. It allowed me to see out, but no one could see in, so it made the back window look like it was just tinted really dark. That helped a lot at night with bright headlights behind me. I just pulled it down and left it that way as long as I drove the car. I wish the kizashi also had that.
Auto is nice to have, but I hardly use the manual dimming unless the cars behind me aim their lights too high.

I'm surprised no one mentioned auto lock and unlock when you shift out park and back.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
AlphaLima

My biggest complaint about the car, was the push button start and the fact that pushing it in park shuts off the nav / stereo / bluetooth (didn't have a way to go to accessory power). Now that I know I can throw it in neutral and power it off and then throw it in park, I'm happy with the workaround!

IMHO the Kizashi gives you the most bang for your buck in its price range. I love this car. Now if only I can locate a badge-less grill...
gmkizashi

~tc~ wrote: .

The other is the way the engine switch works. I really wish there were a way to stop the engine and keep the radio on. The nav takes forever to boot up.

Unless I am missing something mentioned already, the accessory feature is done by keeping your foot off the brake after car is shut down, and then pressing the start button once for partial power and twice for full power.

Remember to keep foot off brake when pressing.

I love the little lights (maybe on sls only?) that are under the driver and passenger door to light the ground. Noticed them for the first time yesterday after two months and 6500 miles. I dove on the ground just to look at them and almost got clipped by a passsing car.

The subject of this thread does no justice to the value of the car versus the standard options or the low cost of the extra options. I guess it is just a reflection of your expectations, which you are certainly entitled to. (spoiled brat) ;)-kidding

My first car was a (used) 1974 Chevy Vega with a two speed automatic, fm converter,and that's about it. (no power anything or a/c. )

I'm more surprised at what I "do" get rather than "don't" get, but now that you mention it I wish it had stow and go seating, a third row of seats and a retractable roof so I could maybe put large appliances in the back.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey