Torque converter - CVT lag issue solution?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Blackbelt

Hawkzilla wrote:It's been logically explained by other knowledgeable posters that the initial lag is indeed very real and was purposely installed by Suzuki to avoid excessive damage/wear on the CVT. For those who don't have a problem with it, that is fine and I'm sincerely glad that it doesn't bother you. However, for myself, it does present a potential safety hazard. Steering will do zero to help you when you are at a blind stop and need to pull out. I live in a very hilly city and often come to stops where I can't clearly see what is coming so if I start pulling out and I find I need to get moving quickly, this car can't handle it.

If you have read my other posts around the board, you would know I am very high on the Kiz and I take a lot of pride in my car. But that does not meant I can take issue with something that bothers me. To tell someone it is in their head or that they simply do not know how to drive doesn't help, and to be rude/nasty about it definitely doesn't help. Suggesting someone wants to be a "drag racer" because they have an issue with the lag is simply absurd.

Bottom line, if you are happy with your Kizashi's acceleration, that's great. I however am not, and I wanted to see who else has noticed this issue and if they had any answers. They have and they did, so I'm glad I posted my issue. For those who are concerned with the lag, if you ever figure out anything that helps please let me know. Thanks!
Honestly, your best bet would be to trade in your Kizzy for one with a manual transmission. I am not being a smart ass, as you have seen my postings on this have been non judgmental and factual. If you are able to find some way around the ECM/TCM programming, then you will fry the belt in your CVT. It would be cheaper for you to simply sell or trade in your car and pick up one with the 6 speed.

The only possible other option i know of would be to keep an eye on sprint booster to see if they introduce one for the Kizzy.
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/

Some people say these things really increase throttle response. I have never tried one, so i don't know personally how well they work.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Hawkzilla

Blackbelt wrote:
Hawkzilla wrote:It's been logically explained by other knowledgeable posters that the initial lag is indeed very real and was purposely installed by Suzuki to avoid excessive damage/wear on the CVT. For those who don't have a problem with it, that is fine and I'm sincerely glad that it doesn't bother you. However, for myself, it does present a potential safety hazard. Steering will do zero to help you when you are at a blind stop and need to pull out. I live in a very hilly city and often come to stops where I can't clearly see what is coming so if I start pulling out and I find I need to get moving quickly, this car can't handle it.

If you have read my other posts around the board, you would know I am very high on the Kiz and I take a lot of pride in my car. But that does not meant I can take issue with something that bothers me. To tell someone it is in their head or that they simply do not know how to drive doesn't help, and to be rude/nasty about it definitely doesn't help. Suggesting someone wants to be a "drag racer" because they have an issue with the lag is simply absurd.

Bottom line, if you are happy with your Kizashi's acceleration, that's great. I however am not, and I wanted to see who else has noticed this issue and if they had any answers. They have and they did, so I'm glad I posted my issue. For those who are concerned with the lag, if you ever figure out anything that helps please let me know. Thanks!
Honestly, your best bet would be to trade in your Kizzy for one with a manual transmission. I am not being a smart ass, as you have seen my postings on this have been non judgmental and factual. If you are able to find some way around the ECM/TCM programming, then you will fry the belt in your CVT. It would be cheaper for you to simply sell or trade in your car and pick up one with the 6 speed.

The only possible other option i know of would be to keep an eye on sprint booster to see if they introduce one for the Kizzy.
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/

Some people say these things really increase throttle response. I have never tried one, so i don't know personally how well they work.
Thanks for the advice and I know you're not being a smartass... I have appreciated all of your knowledgeable and straight-forward input on this subject.

I realize I have to live with this, I more wanted a rational explanation, which some of you posters have been able to give me, so mission accomplished. I'm the type of guy that needs to know why things are the way they are before I can put it to rest, I guess. Unfortunately, some people just don't get that forums like these are here for questions like I had.

While I love the Kizashi and do not regret my choice, unless they offer one with a more responsive initial acceleration with a automatic, I will be going a different route with my next car. Right now I'm leaning on a used Lexus IS 350 AWD... 306 hp, 0-60 in under 6 seconds. That should do just fine. 8-)

For now I'm going to continue taking a lot of pride in my Kiz and focus on the good looks inside and out!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic