Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #43283  by KuroNekko
 Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm
WESHOOT2 wrote:Just using junk math it's fair to suggest I've spent over $25,000 on gas for my pair of Kizashis.

About $1,500 on oil changes.

I am unable to calculate or guess how much I've spent on Kizashi-tires.

I must be nuts.

Yeah, but you also drive a lot. It sounds like you live in the sticks and you drive far to get to work but enjoy every second of it. I'm envious as my commute has to be among the worst in America. It's getting even worse now given the prep for the inauguration. My office is one block away from Pennsylvania Avenue which is where the President travels down to get from the Capitol to the White House. At least we have the actual day off.
I dream of driving my Kizashi freely in the beautiful wilderness, far far away from DC.
 #43285  by WESHOOT2
 Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm
Understand; worked at 18th and K, IRS headquarters, Crystal City, Pentagon, etc., but I lived in Gaithersburg.

My 'commute' here is 70 miles for work, the rest is for pleasure.
And I am nuts.....
 #43291  by Woodie
 Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:01 pm
Secret Service wants two techs cleared just in case something breaks inside their zone on Friday, so I guess I'm going to be filling out background forms all weekend. I've got a badge for one of the agencies already, that took months already, wonder what further things they're going to want.
 #43312  by KuroNekko
 Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:26 pm
Woodie wrote:Secret Service wants two techs cleared just in case something breaks inside their zone on Friday, so I guess I'm going to be filling out background forms all weekend. I've got a badge for one of the agencies already, that took months already, wonder what further things they're going to want.

My agency's building is also one that the Secret Service will require advanced notice for employees if they will be present on inauguration day. They are already putting barricades and dozens of porta-potties on the block of my office in preparation. Even my parking garage is getting completely shut down starting Thursday. Fortunately, I don't need to come into DC for Thursday and Friday so I'll be in Maryland.

Here's a picture I took last week on the block of my office.

IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 2165 times
 #43313  by LPSISRL
 Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 pm
Don't know if you realize this but you started posting in your old 114 days thread...
 #49228  by WESHOOT2
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:09 pm
Can't believe how my life has been affected by Kizashiness.

Just read this whole thing again.

Nothing has changed, except my comfort level going fast. I've enough experience now to allow my driving skills to exceed the car's limits.
Just in time to retire........ :lol:
 #49630  by rossirob73
 Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:00 pm
WESHOOT2 wrote:I did a service early on that included having the rear differential fluid changed. At this latest "22.5K" service the tires were rotated.
I assume other items were also attended to, but I leave that up to the dealership advisor and technicians. It's specifically why I have the dealer perform all service; so I don't have to care.

The color is "platinum something-or-other". I call it gray.

I think it's becoming obvious I care more about the driving than the machinery. I try try try to pick the right machine, and then I drive the crap outta it until bored with it.
So far my Kizashi is providing me a great deal of driving pleasure.
And great gas mileage.
And performance.
The balance is superb. I call it "value".
Changing diff fluid
My 2011 has never had this done in the 4 years i have owned it.
Only go to the dealer for service as still under warranty
Abit concerned now
I have done about 60,000 km

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
 #49631  by rossirob73
 Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:04 pm
OzzieKizzy wrote:Loev your work Weshoot2, gold! So you reckon you can notice the difference in acceleration now? Is it much different? Mine has only done 3000km (1900miles) and I have noticed that it seems to be slightly more responsive as well, mine is a manual
Manual are few and far between in the Kizashi

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk