Sluggish Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KizashiSLS11

well I think i figured out my sluggish issue. It's as simple as gas. I've used shell mostly for years in my last two cars and they ran great on it. Well it seems my Kizashi doesn't like Shell even though it's good gas.

I switched to Chevron last week and noticed an immediate difference. My mileage jumped up 2 miles per gallon and seems to be getting a little better as I burn this tank. The performance of the engine is better too.
PlatinumGTS

Well, with about 1,500 miles on the odometer, I finally got the chance to take the car on a trip. Mostly 300 miles @ 75 mph on the PA Turnpike (Some hills not flat) and I'm finally averaging close to 29 MPG if you can believe the dash display. :D

Hope to continue the improvement......now, about that new buzzing noise :(
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
ah_Perth

Have finally got around to some fuel consumption tests, both by the trip computer and checking by filling up. In both cases they are pretty much on the money

Firstly I drive as smoothly as I can and dont accelerate/decelerate more than I have to.

Around town I am getting 10.1 L/100 km = 23.3 US mpg, (which I think is a little disappointing).

On the open road, travelling about 90-100 km/hr, over 270 km, I achieved 7.3 L/100 km or 32.2 mpg US. NB I was trying to be a careful as I could on this trip.

CVT 10 000 km on the clock (XLS ie 18 inch wheels, sunroof etc)

Bottom line: Around town it is a little heavy on the gas, but on a trip Im very pleased.. Loving the car. (Automotive's best kept secret)