service and warranty provided by Suzuki Canada sucks

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

After purchasing the Kizashi, I realized that the warranty and services provided by Suzuki Canada isn't as good when compared to US. Suzuki America backs up their cars with 7 year/100,000 miles drivetrain warranty. As for Canda, we get 5 year/100,000 km. Not a really big deal but still.....wish we could have 7 years too lol.

And when it comes to service intervals, it's even more bezarre. I have never seen a vehicle that needs to change oil every 3 months/5000km

The other thing really bothers me is that Suzuki Canada doesn't provide loaner cars when your vehicle is in the shop. I have owned several other vehicles and all other car companies provide loaners when my car was in the shop for a few days. I know they provide loaners down in the states, why can't they do the same up here!? Beats me..... :( It will really save me a lot of time and money if there is loaner car available.

Just some rants..... ;)
~tc~

I have never seen a car with anything OTHER than 3 months 3000 miles for oil changes ... The Suzuki US recommendation of 7 months 7500 miles is the strange one

I am sure the loaner car is dealer specific, not from Suzuki - I have yet to see anyone who's loaner was a Suzuki.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Northernstar

really?? all my previous cars were around 6 months/8000km. Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, they are all around 6 months/8000km in canada. As for the loaner, I call all the dealers in town, all of them dont offer loaners :(
Minority

Here in Aus the service interval (under normal driving conditions) for the Kizashi is 12months/15000km. My Wife's Kia is 12months/15000km and my sons mitsubishi is 12 months/15000km. My last 2 cars (Mazda6) were 6 months/10000km.

Its been a long time with modern engineering and oils since I've seen a 5000km oil change. Mind you I'm sure many dealers recomend more frequent changes, they've got to generate service income some how! :lol:
Merlin

5k km oil change interval is really anachronistic[ and not very ecological friendly when most manufacturers are up to 15k km or basically once a year.
Just purchased a brand new 2011 Kizashi AWD, it has 650km on it now. Imagine my surprise to find out it doesn`t have XM radio or the HOMELINK described in the owners manual `if so equipped`.
Not being offerd as options,there aren`t really any options offerd at all, I assumed it all came standard.
Surprise!
The dealer quoted me $750 to have XM installed to look factory.
Don`t anybody get me wrong ,the car is great and both my wife and I love it.
Just wonder if anybody else has a thought on this rather strange practice by Suzuki
Merlin in Canada/color]http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/postin ... f=13&t=792#
Northernstar

dont need XM as i only listen to my mp3. the part i hate the most is 3 months/5000km maintenance interval and no loaner cars. I just spent $108 CAD renting a car for 3 days cus my car is being repainted under warranty. sucks big time!
Mongoose

I'm in Canada as well and hope to test drive a 2011 Kizashi Sport tonight for the first time.

I found a link on the Suzuki Canada site that has longer maintenance intervals posted than the 5000km / 3 months.

http://www.suzuki.ca/assets/cms/Kizashi ... nanceE.pdf

12,500 km or 7.5 months is much more normal these days. I would eventually switch to synthetics after the first year or so.
Northernstar

Mongoose wrote:I'm in Canada as well and hope to test drive a 2011 Kizashi Sport tonight for the first time.

I found a link on the Suzuki Canada site that has longer maintenance intervals posted than the 5000km / 3 months.

http://www.suzuki.ca/assets/cms/Kizashi ... nanceE.pdf

12,500 km or 7.5 months is much more normal these days. I would eventually switch to synthetics after the first year or so.
I talked to my dealer about the longer interval cus I saw that too. They told me it is considered severe driving condition in Canada due to our weather. = =