More Kizashis popping up

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

In the past month I have seen 3 new Kizashis in my city (and I live in a small city of 85,000). Just this morning I saw a guy waiting on a red light with a brand new red Kiz. I was up in the drivethru at McD's and was waiting for my Kiz to catch his eye, as I could tell this guy was stoked to be driving his spanking new ride and would probably find it cool to see another. He locked on and while we were both admiring, I threw him a wave and he waved back. It's good to see other proud Kizashi owners out on the road... and yes, that is a very nice looking car when you see it from the outside. 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Boatman79

Atleast you are seeing some... I have the only one in my town and there is about 6500 people there.... Withen a 70 mile radious, I have not seen one but mine... I live near some pretty big towns with over 300 000 populations and I still have not seen one yet.... Know in town has even heard of the car, especially the dealerships... Hell, autozone didn't even have the car in thier computer system until I brought mine there to get a new filter which they could not get for me ... LOL... anyways glad your seeing some more...
Northernstar

I haven't seen any kizashi in my town until a few days ago. In that same day I saw 2 other kizashi. After that day, no more kizashi on the road lol.
KIZAWDinKC

Actually, I spotted an azure gray Kiz yesterday just like mine on my way to the gym parked in someone's driveway. Other than that, I've spotted about 4 over the past couple months. It's kinda weird, because when I have seen one on the road, I get the feeling like we're suppose to wave to each other. Like, "Hey man! You got a kiz! so do I!" ha.

Other than the one I saw yesterday because it was parked, all the other Kiz's I've seen were driven by men.
~tc~

I have yet to see another one in Houston, EST population 2.25 million.

Here, this car is way more rare than Lamborghini, Ferrari, Spyker, etc ...
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
chazyouwin

At the dealer in NJ at the end of April - a salesman said that the dealership had sold 45 Kizashi's in April. That's quite a number. Interesting because they had blown out their 2010s and so this was new 2011 inventory.

Haven't seen many others, but why would we want the K to become more common?
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
~tc~

chazyouwin wrote:Haven't seen many others, but why would we want the K to become more common?
For one, so you could have some confidence that when you take your car in to the dealer, yours isn't the guinea pig.

I have always had relatively uncommon vehicles, I like not seeing one on every corner, but the K is far and away more unique than anything I've ever dealt with before.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Firefly

chazyouwin wrote:At the dealer in NJ at the end of April - a salesman said that the dealership had sold 45 Kizashi's in April. That's quite a number.
That sounds like a story to me, but dealers will always tell you business is through the roof. I checked several dealers in northern NJ/ NYC and most only had a handful in stock - maybe there was a total of 45 sitting in inventory in all of northern NJ. Many 2010s in stock too. This was in late March.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
chazyouwin

Sounded like exaggeration to me as well, but he showed me a stack of sales invoices including a couple to be picked up later. I also walked through the (Green Brook NJ) inventory carefully and saw no 2010s. I was looking for any SLS AWD, but they only had one or two of those. I estimate they had in stock at least 25 2011 Kizashis. In mid-January, that same dealer still had at least six or seven 2010s and I would estimate ten or so 2011s. So they blew those out and restocked.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
chazyouwin

Actually, your calling around reminds me of my similar experience in early December. I called around several dealers (including Wayne, Hillside, Green Brook). Wayne and Hillside, as I recall, had been relatively conservative with inventory and only had a few 2010s left at least as told to me over the phone. Green Brook, on the other hand, had quite a selection of 2010 FWD. (No one was giving any significant discount on any 2010 AWD). Notably, at first, the sales person on the phone at Green Brook was reluctant to disclose all of the inventory they did have (I guess hard to negotiate if the customer knows they need to make sales).