gts MT - 2011 question about the feel of gearbox

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
coro71

Hi all, I'm seriously considering buying a MT GTS (searching for dealers there is only one avail. here in florida!), and my question is in regards to the manual gear box, how responsive it is? . The car I tested had the cv trans which i did not like. I'm currently driving a mazda 3 and I love how the manual gearbox behaves..

Thanks!
sj85

Hey there,
I have had my GTS MT for about 6 months now and have very enjoyably raked up about 10K in these 6 months. I have had no issues other than RPM Spike which u kind of get used to.[http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 551&p=4435]. Other than that, I am Uber satisfied with the Stick. The throws are precise and decently short.(Personally I would have liked slightly shorter throw). And clutch is pretty light too, no problem in the traffic as such. Cruising at 70 mph in 6th gear I have gotten a best of about 36 mpg going up and down in I-95. In my regular commute to work and back with the A/C on these days I get about 28 mpg (i.e. is 65% Highway and 35% City driving).

I guess there is no better compliment for a car other than the fact that even after 6 months of driving it, I look forward to my commute everyday.

I am pretty sure u wont regret getting a stick if u already have stick shift. I do know how difficult it is to find a stick as I was looking at buying Mazda 3 grand touring when I luckily found 2010 platinum silver GTS MT and just got it in a blink.

Best of Luck with ur search.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport MT :-D
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6 MT :-D
2002 Hyundai Sonata Auto :-)
2008 Suzuki Swift Zxi (in Asia) :-D
2002 Suzuki Zen Vxi (in Asia) :-D
TheHolyGhost

I can second that. It's not a great gearbox, but it's pretty good. I've never had trouble finding a gear and the clutch is light enough that it's not terrible in traffic.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
AlexRuiz

I personally love the MT feel. Throws are precise, smooth and intuitive, and short enough to qualify as sporty. Trans is inviting and a joy to shift. clutch feel is perfectly weighted. Better yet, I think they got the gearing right!

I had the chance to test drive the previous gen Mazda 3 MT, and the gearbox was... uninspiring. I am sure you will love the Kizashi
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
coro71

Thanks to all for the feedback, I'll look at one this weekend, let's see If I can get it!!