SLS AWD at 10,000 miles

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

It's been one year and 10,000 miles. Just a little preface, I take very good care of my Kiz. I keep it clean inside and out, wax a few times a year, use Mobile1 full syn and a high flow air filter. I tend to drive aggressive (but not reckless), so I definitely put the car's reliability to the test. So at 10,000 miles, here's my report...

- My average fuel efficiency on the interstate (70-80 mph) is around 32 mpg. My average mixed is 23.5 mrpg. And my average in city alone is 19 mpg. I'm a little underwhelmed with the city efficiency, but I do drive aggressive so that is partly my own doing. Overall fuel efficiency grade: B

- Other than recalls, I have had to take my Kiz in twice: Once to replace a bad amp, and once to replace a blown sub woofer. I have had no mechanical issues thus far (knock on wood). Reliability grade: A-

- I have a few more paint chips than I would like, but it's not horrible at this point. I have a very random rattle in my driver side door, but it's very occasional. Interior has held up extremely well and I have enjoyed the quality and durability of the interior materials. Overall interior/exterior durability/quality: A-

- As most on here already know, the only performance area I take issue with is the initial acceleration. Now that I understand why it is that way & that there is no getting around it, I have learned to live with it. As far as the rest of the performance aspect, I am very happy. Handling, breaking and smoothness of the ride are all top notch and have not depreciated one bit. Overall performance: B+

In summary, after 10,000 miles I am still very happy with no buyer remorse. Overall I would give the Kiz a very solid B+, which is impressive for the first year of a model.

PS - Snow handling was OUTSTANDING. I nicknamed my Kiz the "snow beast" last winter: A++
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Ronzuki

Very nice report card. I think your post-script is an extremely note worthy addition to the grading of this car...a performance feature that truly sets it apart from the typical 4-door sport sedan. You can't have everything top-grade and perfect in a car that has AWD, and, at the price point that we're in. Factoring in that particular A++, I think you're looking at more of a solid A / A-. :mrgreen:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Hawkzilla

Good point. I was so very close to giving it an A- anyway, factoring in how much I love to drive this car in the snow and it certainly deserves a solid A-!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic