New Kizashi Member in Australia

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jdimech

Hi everyone!

I have just purchased a Red Kizashi AWD and picked it up last Saturday.
It does look hot I must admit.
Have been wanding through the owners manual - boy is it big!
This car sure has a lot of "bells and whistles".

Looking forward to becoming a member of this Kizashi family in Australia.

Cheers. :D
ah_Perth

Hi cobber
I will be keeping a lookout for good looking red car!
Shaneous

howdy.. yay - another Aussie - welcome!
jdimech

Thanks Guys.

Hey, I have only had the car for less than a week, and this is the first CVT auto that I have owned, but it feels a bit weird.
When you start off it revs like a normal auto, but then when it would otherwise be shifting into 2nd gear (in a normal auto) it sort of drones along. And you really can't feel the changing of the gears, like from 1st, to 2nd to 3rd etc........ is this normal?
It cruises okay at 80 kmph or 100 kmph, just when it starts off it feels funny.
Is this what a CVT transmission does?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks. :)
ah_Perth

Hi there

Lots on the net about it. The third link below was useful to me, especially explaining why it is unusual. Basically, it is supposed to give the best economy (and probably does) but it DOES take some getting used to. Easy to speed when cruising. I like it (now).

My only reservation is that it is more complex, and therefore will be big bucks, if and when, it goes.

(i) Dodge cutaway animation

(ii) CVT How it works
http://cars.about.com/od/thingsyouneedtoknow/a/CVT.htm

(iii) How they work (watch the animation here, very informative)
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt5.htm

Cheers
jdimech

They were all fantastic sites that you referred me to and they were extremmely helpful in helping me understand how this type of transmission works. It really explains everything as this is exactly how the car behaves when you drive it.

I guess a lot of European cars like Audi use it so I guess it can't be all bad, although it will take some getting use to.

Totally agree with your last comment. Sounds like an expensive piece of equipment that would be very expensive to repair or replace. I think it better not to think about that at the moment. I think I will just try and enjoy the car.

Thanks again for all your help. That was fantasic information and I really appreciate it.

Cheers ...... John. :)