update on 3m Bra

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
pmw1213

Had 3m bra installed few days ago, and today had a pool service truck in front of me and a lid from a bucket flew out and hit front on car big bag, thought bad news, the driver pulled over and said he was sorry, we check over the front and not a mark on paint but did break orange lens on light drivers side. So glad I invested money on bra. They will pay to fix light. The dealer said it will stand a pretty good hit with no damage.
kegard

Can you take a picture of yours installed?

Where is it installed on the car? And where did you buy and have it installed?

Mine is getting repainted in a week. Deciding what to do afterwards.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
gaww

If he takes a picture - you will not see it.

I have it on the front bumper and fenders, plus the front of the hood and the side mirrors. Unless you get down on your knees real close at the applied areas, you will only notice a faint line on the upper end of the film on the hood at certain angles in the sun.

I thought I damaged my lower right bumper when I parked diagonally front in to a curb at a restaurant that was higher then I thought. It looked pretty messed up, but it was only the film - no damage underneath. It did its job. I cut that piece off and spliced a new piece on - good as new.

As for where to get it applied - I would seek out an installer that has the template film cutting equipment in-house and not one who has to order it. The difference is between an installer who does a lot of work and one who doesn't. I found this info on the 3M website.

I did not appreciate this difference until I had a truck back into my front bumper a year ago and it was replaced. The installer the body shop used ("he does all our work") took forever to get it on. When I did the above repair, I found out why. He cut it ins several places to get it on (and left some gaps), and a few spots were starting to pull off. The original job by the professional installer was excellent - no gaps or forced fit.

If you are putting it on a new paint job - it normally is recommended that you let the paint cure for a few weeks before applying the film. Just don't drive behind any large trucks f0r a few weeks - lol.
pmw1213

I bought in car Naples Florida and had installed at Southwest Florida Tint and Bra, Fort Myers, they clean first and then put a selant on so if have to come off will be easy. They been in business for 14 years and do great work.
scorcher

PMW1213 is your Kiz silver and the one I see coming from the south side of Cape Coral Pwky?
pmw1213

Also had the shelf under the trunk area done and trunk lip, and the door edges and edges where your feet hit the paint getting in and out of the door. But have noticed that bugs just wipe off. Took two pictures one off door edge and on on line for bra on front, have to get close to see them.
Attachments
Picture 1167.jpg
Picture 1168.jpg