Looking for info about Navi for Kazashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Roi34

I've looked all over, I've seen they will come with Garmin Navigations which will be built into dash. Some have hinted at Magellan Navi's. I see more Garmin than other brands, but no pics or locked in info.

I'd love to see some pictures, and info if anyone has any. This has a big role in my consideration of this car :).

Thanks!
Moto
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure that Suzuki is contracted with garmin, but I haven't seen anyone that has the Navigation system yet. It may be similar to what the sx4 uses, but again I don't know that for a fact. Navi isn't something that suzuki typically does well.

Come back and let us know if you find the answer. I would be interested to know too.

Edit:
"Suzuki will offer an upgradeable Garmin navigation system for the Kizashi, but this time the screen is larger and built into the dash."

This was hosted on the Suzuki official site, but it looks like they have moved the content. It is possible that things have changed since Feb 2009

It should have been here. http://www.suzukiauto.com/kizashi/revie ... l_test.php

Edit:2
I really don't think they even have a Navi system available right now. I don't see it one the options list in any trim level, and I can't seem to get it added to the price so it looks like they may not even have one. I'm sure they will add one later. I know it was designed to have one.

You typically save a tremendous amount of money buying a third party unit, and that way you can get what you want. Unfortunately you won't get cool stuff like integrated controls.

Edit: 3
Posted on 2010-02-11
Suzuki showcased the all-new 2010 Kizashi with an updated navigation system supplied by Garmin. The model also comes with standard Bluetooth with A2DP and iPod connectivity as well as a Rockford Fosgate audio system.
http://www.telematicsresearch.com/tab4/ ... vi-system/
Moto
Site Admin

Let me know if you get anything figured out. It looks like you probably saw everything I did. Also, I went to the dealer, and they had no idea what what going on with navigation system. The salesman said he could get me one with navigation, but when I asked some questions about it he had no idea what it was.

I think it is/will be a Garmin system integrated into the dash, but I don't know what the control layout will be like or when it will be available. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be standard equipment on the SLS trim.

Edit:
Edmunds wording... Navigation w/Rear Vision Camera (Late Availability)
It's too bad they don't define "Late Availability" It looks like the Navi system is optional equipment even on the SLS prices are listed as MSRP$1,299 Invoice $1,247

I'm a little disappointed. I figured it would be included like the touring trim level of the SX4. I have a feeling Suzuki will make that change in the next model year.
Roi34

It should be available once they start shipping more out in April from what I understand. I love this car so far, but a nice navigation system would really make me lean toward it. I hope the Navigation modernizes the look of the console a bit.
NJKizashi

I'll stick with my seperate Nav system. I think every single built in nav system out there are not as good as your typical ad on unit...But that's just me.

3000 mile oil change soon in my Kizashi SLS

Royal Purple, Synthetic 5w30

BTW, the oil Filter for the Kizashi is Made in China :evil: , for sure I'll be looking for a USA Made K&N or Mobil-1, and I'll use the Piece of Shit China made Filter as an Ash tray for my Cigars.
vwoom

I hear ya NJKizashi...If I do get the Kizashi to replace my B5 Passat, the China made oil filter simply won't do for me as well.

If you want to go German, how about cross matching the specs of the oil filter over at the Mann-Hummel website.

Though I could be wrong (don't have any Kizashi oil filter specs with me), but I believe the oil filter of the 2009 2.4L Grand Vitara would be doable for the Kizashi. The filter model is ML 1009.

http://www.mann-hummel.com/mf_prodkata_ ... 01_fzart=1

I used this site before (with the help of my fellow BITOG members) to cross reference a standard/small VW/Bosch oil filter specs for the ATW 1.8T engine of my Passat...and gotten a matching spec'd oversized Mann Hummel oil filter to increase the oil starved 3.9qt capacity of the engine...

I'd vouch for Mann-Hummels. These filters are robustly made (better quality than Bosch, etc.), affordable and I have pretty good experience with these filters for several years....a good bet would be Purolators (mostly rebadged Mann Hummels) sold at Pep Boys.
NJKizashi

I was hard pressed and had to put a Suzuki replacement Filter for now since I was going on a long trip, but as for the best quality Filter out there, it has to be the "Royal Purple" All Synthetic Media, stronger/thicker body, & Made in USA..I'm pretty sure about the cross Ref#, I'll put it in 5 to 7k miles.
Roi34

Can't find one interior photo with navi yet.. damn it!

I was hoping it'd integrate audio like radio, possibly climate control.. but just audio would be cool.
Moto
Site Admin

So the steering wheel is on the wrong side no big deal.... :)
It is hard to say if this is what it is really going to look like. You are looking at a Chinese version of the car.
Attachments
Kizashi_Navigation_System.jpg
Kizashi_Navigation_System.jpg (32.87 KiB) Viewed 10045 times
Roi34

hmmm, not sure how i feel about that.. kinda modernizes it, but looks a little bare. Depends if its integrated as i said with audio and such.