Looking for info about Navi for Kazashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
rjc1976

Very helpful info. Thanks!
volunteer

Lookin.......sorry, forgot about checking on the model number. I thought I was leaving something out, just couldn't figure out what it was. As for the USB........the iPhone does charge when it's plugged in. The functionality is identical to what you would have using the USB, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, I think the Kenwood screen give you more functionality that what you would get with the standard system. The phone buttons on the steering wheel seemed like a big deal at first, but after using it a few times, it isn't that big of a deal.
lookin

volunteer wrote:Lookin.......sorry, forgot about checking on the model number. I thought I was leaving something out, just couldn't figure out what it was. As for the USB........the iPhone does charge when it's plugged in. The functionality is identical to what you would have using the USB, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, I think the Kenwood screen give you more functionality that what you would get with the standard system. The phone buttons on the steering wheel seemed like a big deal at first, but after using it a few times, it isn't that big of a deal.
yeah i figure it would kenwood is great its what i was going to install but because the way they had the buttons in which everything had to be removed i didnt like the plain look so i waited, thought suzuki woulda done a much better job making the dash look more polished but i guess you are happy with it and realistically speaking everyone dont want navigation but for those who do the plain look might be a turn off and suzuki has to be competitive with the market i would like them to succeed to get the sales they have to wow people...which i think the nice clean look of interior was doing....this how it is for early adopters though...overall i love the car just a bump for me i guess..i happen to think the interior of a car is a big selling point...ohhh i know im bothering you but does it have the back up camera
lookin

http://www.autodvdgps.com/images/QL-SZK714SS.jpg dont know if this link gonna work but this is what they should have done it has a more polished look to it but its for the vitara it doesnt look like an afterthought
Zeid

lookin wrote:
volunteer wrote:Lookin.......sorry, forgot about checking on the model number. I thought I was leaving something out, just couldn't figure out what it was. As for the USB........the iPhone does charge when it's plugged in. The functionality is identical to what you would have using the USB, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, I think the Kenwood screen give you more functionality that what you would get with the standard system. The phone buttons on the steering wheel seemed like a big deal at first, but after using it a few times, it isn't that big of a deal.
yeah i figure it would kenwood is great its what i was going to install but because the way they had the buttons in which everything had to be removed i didnt like the plain look so i waited, thought suzuki woulda done a much better job making the dash look more polished but i guess you are happy with it and realistically speaking everyone dont want navigation but for those who do the plain look might be a turn off and suzuki has to be competitive with the market i would like them to succeed to get the sales they have to wow people...which i think the nice clean look of interior was doing....this how it is for early adopters though...overall i love the car just a bump for me i guess..i happen to think the interior of a car is a big selling point...ohhh i know im bothering you but does it have the back up camera
I got a picture from a dealer and hope to buy the SLS tomorrow with a friend, along with his GTS AWD in Platinum Silver. I guess it doesn't have the backup camera?
Attachments
suzuki.jpg
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
Moto
Site Admin

The plan was for the backup camera to come with the navi. So I would think the backup camera can be displayed on the navi screen. You'll have to let me know though Suzuki hasn't exactly been solid on the Navi suff.
lookin

No backup camera so i heard it is what it is i guess what i would like is the face trim around the navi and put my own in kenwood have a better unit just came out and i will put my own backup camera too.... Think i could just buy the face...... Dont get me wrong the navi unit is pretty good too
volunteer

The supplied Kenwood unit has backup cam capability and the trunk lid of the car has a spot for it. I would assume the factory wiring harness includes the wiring for it since the camera is mentioned in the brochures. With the reverse sensors on the SLS, I've found that I really don't miss the camera (last two cars had them).