My brand new Kizashi damaged by Service Department.

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Laurenson

The gloss has been taken off getting my lovely new Kizashi when it was in for its first 1000 Km service check. When I got the car back the service department had gouged the paint in two spots on the right hand side rear door. They tried to hide it by polishing it out and did not inform me they had an accident. The service manager claims not to be able to find out what happened or who did the damage. I can't trust my own service department on any issue. The new car experience destroyed by my own dealership !! :evil:
Last edited by Laurenson on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minority

First step demand to speak to the Dealer Principle (the guy who owns the business), best done face to face. You may have a hard job proving that it was done at the dealership but it wont hurt to try. Good luck!!
Sharkie

I'd also ring Suzuki Head office as well.
Ronzuki

I'm sorry to hear that your new car has been damaged in this fashion. Unfortunately, we live in a time where when you drop your $27k investment off to have it worked on, you need to do a walk around with the service writer before you leave and simply say "It's clean and straight and I want it back that way". No additional problems injectected by you please, thank you.

Had the Jeep dealer gouge up one of my OE Moab Alum. wheels up with the gorilla gun (a very common problem). You think they'd have learned after the first time they had to eat a $250 wheel....nope did it again. As long as they know you are paying attention to what they're doing and holding them accountable, they either have to be careful or pay.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
OzzieKizzy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
topcat45

Just saw the thread, so sorry to hear this, hell that sux. Just yesterday my dealer replaced my faulty console lid & got a upholsterer to take my drivers seat back away as the silver stitching had started to fray. The guy brought it back to my house & refitted it. I never thought of looking all around the car after it was there but did just now, all good. I did have a wisecrack at them though "If you are going to listen to the radio while you work on it, at least put it back on my station".

I hope you get a good result & maybe drop the dealers name here so others in your area can be wary
Laurenson

To their credit my dealership did make sure that the car was repaired properly. Involved painting the whole door, it's a water based paint so needed to keep car for couple days for drying overnight etc. just an uneccesary stuff around though caused by careless workers.
Laurenson

:o Spoke too soon. After the painting someone at the paintshop or back at the dealership cleaned the dash with some chemical leaving the centre front acrylic panels damaged and now hazy. I'm completely at a loss to understand how the people who are supposed to be servicing and caring for my brand new Kizashi....are the ones who are systematically destroying it. I have now absolutely lost all trust in this dealership and could never let them touch my car again. :(
nytq

That issue never seizes to amaze me. But we should all know better by now. I keep trusting theses dealerships, assuming they will treat everycar as if it were their own. NOT!. The can care less, and the techs they hire at 8 bucks an hours can care even less. I would never suggest using the dealer for anything but warranty work, and even then use extreme caution. Always, always, always do a walk around before and after right then and there. Including places you can't normally see, like under the hood, under the car. Really make an effort because the moment you leave they will never admit to any wrong.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Laurenson

I will never trust this Service Department to ever go anywhere near my car again. They are a complete failure in the basic concept of "Service"
The only damage to my new car has been inflicted by the people who you should trust to care and look after your car, What the hell is the matter with these idiots ?
I will do my own servicing now and get it signed off to remain inside warranty guidelines. Extremely pissed off !